Problem with Reply / Reply with Quote buttons

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting today, the Reply and Reply With Quote buttons only start up an animated "wait" circle. Anyone else seeing this?OS X Version 10.8, browsers tried: Google Chrome Version 21.0.1180.82, Safari Version 6.0 (8536.25), Mozilla Aurora 16.0a2 (2012-08-22), Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1.

Attachments

• pleasewait.png
    pleasewait.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 102

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Weird I am not having that issue. Anyone else?

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird I am not having that issue. Anyone else?

I've changed locations and the problem has gone away. I suppose it could be related to an internet proxy / cache / filter at wo^H^H the other location. The only other difference besides being on a different network is a logout and login. I'll monitor and report back if the issue recurs. Thanks for checking.

By the way, it would be really nice if I could edit my own posts at least for a short time after making them. I am guessing I haven't reached the magic number of posts yet.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've changed locations and the problem has gone away. I suppose it could be related to an internet proxy / cache / filter at wo^H^H the other location. The only other difference besides being on a different network is a logout and login. I'll monitor and report back if the issue recurs. Thanks for checking.

By the way, it would be really nice if I could edit my own posts at least for a short time after making them. I am guessing I haven't reached the magic number of posts yet.

You are able to edit your own posts, for a short time, after making them. However, I'm unsure what that "short time" is. I believe it's 30 minutes or less.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting today, the Reply and Reply With Quote buttons only start up an animated "wait" circle. Anyone else seeing this?OS X Version 10.8, browsers tried: Google Chrome Version 21.0.1180.82, Safari Version 6.0 (8536.25), Mozilla Aurora 16.0a2 (2012-08-22), Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1.

I am not having that problem.

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are able to edit your own posts, for a short time, after making them. However, I'm unsure what that "short time" is. I believe it's 30 minutes or less.
I cannot. No edit button appears (I understand it should be next to the Reply button), even for a short time. I was hoping once I crossed 50 posts, I would be granted that privilege, but perhaps I have to get to 100. I am contemplating where to write a build thread, and one feature I am seeking is I would like to be able to to update the first post indefinitely in order to keep it current.

The problem originally reported in this thread definitely is location related. I can use the button properly if I Control-click and open in new window. The Javascript errors lead me to suspect something is not allowing the CKEDITOR to load properly when I'm at the location that is giving me difficulty. I don't think this is an R2R problem, unless perhaps (and arguably at that), that module is loading from another domain.

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Demonstrated

In this post I attempt to attach a screenshot taken immediately after posting the previous reply. If I am missing the edit button, please help me find it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 9.27.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 9.27.15 PM.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 70

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey buddy you need to be a member for 30 days to get the quick edit button as well as have 25 post which you do. :) I am not trying to sell you on a supporting membership but you can get a permanent edit button by becoming a supporting member. Just an FYI.

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!!! I had looked in the forum FAQ and didn't find the limits. Thirty days is fitting, since this hobby seems to require patience in all aspects. :bigsmile:

I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!!! I had looked in the forum FAQ and didn't find the limits. Thirty days is fitting, since this hobby seems to require patience in all aspects. :bigsmile:

I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining.

Didn't sound like complaining at all and this thread actually taught some of us something. Even us staff members get to learn at times. I was unaware of the 30 day requirement OR the fact that becoming a Supporting Member allowed for unlimited editing ability.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 91 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back