Project Apex (Black Edition) by Elder1945

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im an engineer and enjoy what your doing.. take it to FB before they throw a fit. I love the product but there should be no bad mojo off of someone messing with a case.. its still an apex

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You took the spotlight

Yep.. I do not get it as I was hopefully going to get some help from there community on this... This was a fun project.. Neptune seems not to like fun. I guess ill have to put it back into its plastic case now to get advise.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im an engineer and enjoy what your doing.. take it to FB before they throw a fit. I love the product but there should be no bad mojo off of someone messing with a case.. its still an apex

Yea, This was a fun project of mine to see if it even worked.

mikeandkerry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following and if you ever sell the case and instructions I would totally do it

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following and if you ever sell the case and instructions I would totally do it

I was going to give the final project away on R2R.... At my full cost LOL

Seems awfully petty if they deleted your posts because you changed the case of YOUR Apex.

Yea this does not sit well with me.. A simple msg on there forum before the takedown would have gone a long way... It was up for 11 mins :p

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's your problem at this stage.. I'm sure there are enough brains on hear to figure this out.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet.. Just wanted help from the source "Neptune" as i might run in to some unforeseen issues. I think it will work lol.. I have a hard time now supporting any forum Neptune or not censorship ESPECIALLY considering they have a DIY page.

I bet they dont mind when i do interviews on my tanks and get 100,000+ views with apex front and centre or any of the "apex" mounting boards i do.. That is all ok.... I honestly dont understand Neptune as a company... I am happy not all aquarium related companys are like this.

I will be picking the brain of R2R on this if i decide to continue. I will see as this project has cost me thousands and all i get from neptune is "cool build" now we delete your post....

A thumbs up would have gone a long way...

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9022dd22269444b2cdbfd52afef5ce2d.jpg

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering you are deleting my threads on Neptune forum can I get a answer why...

When did you post it? I don't see any recent deletions or reports on anything you posted. Neptune does not have the ability to delete posts or threads even in their own forum. Only mods or admins.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did come up with a sexy looking apex. Just my opinion about why you might not be getting love from Neptune on this. Us hobbyists applaude your DIY project, and understand you are just doing what you love, which seems to be designing/creating.

On Neptunes end, I believe due to all hate and time it took for them to battle the criticism of the look of the new Apex, maybe this build could be seen as a jab and somewhat mocking attitute towards their company's design?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back