OP
oceans garden aquaculture

Oceans garden aquaculture
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your daily evaporation rate look like?

The aqauscape is great for that tank.
Is the return mobile, (like a SeaSwirl)?
Evaporation is roughly 1/2 gallon per day. That will change I'm sure once the regular photo period begins. Halide is thirsty lol.
20200916_143528.jpg

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. This project has been the biggest pain in the butt ever. I have flooded my fishroom multiple times and lost enough water to reset the cycle every time. I've cycled and started stocking 2 other systems in the time it's taken to make this thing work properly. I think we're good now. Fingers crossed lol.

spfahnestock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. This project has been the biggest pain in the butt ever. I have flooded my fishroom multiple times and lost enough water to reset the cycle every time. I've cycled and started stocking 2 other systems in the time it's taken to make this thing work properly. I think we're good now. Fingers crossed lol.
what has caused the flooding in the system. I have always liked the look of these and actively look for used ones.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what has caused the flooding in the system. I have always liked the look of these and actively look for used ones.
Admittedly all instances were mostly avoidable and caused by my own hap hazard styles lol. The 1st time was a faulty check valve on the return pump. The second time was leaving the return pump on max and having cavitation occur in the drains. The next 2 times was caused by me putting poly fiber in front on the drains to polish water and forgetting I did it. All in all mostly my fault, but these were definitely not issues I have with typical setups. Just new bad habits I learned to avoid the hard way by being impatient. I've been doing this 20+ years. I know better lol. I find I have a set it and forget it approach to cycling aquariums. I do not recomend setting and forgetting anything with an aquarium that is specifically designed to spill.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back