Proper configuration od Propeller 6 fan unit and controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 9.46.23 AM.png

Help me understand this screen better. I just installed a 6 fan propeller unit and want to make sure I have it configured properly. I want the normal operating temperature set at 77.6 degrees F. That's entered under nominal value. Cooling difference is .18, and I assume this will kick the fans on low when the temp reaches 77.9? Hysteresis is set to .270 and I believe this will enable the heater when the temp reaches 77.3 and it will **** off when it gets back to 77.6? 1-10V max is set to 1.62. I assume this means the fan will ramp to full speed when the temp reaches 78.9, or 79 degrees? I do see the snowflake icon when the fan is running so I assume it's working properly. The controller pins were both in the 1 position and I have it connected to V5-6 port. It's configured as temp on port 5. Thanks in advance. JP

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 9.46.23 AM.png

Help me understand this screen better. I just installed a 6 fan propeller unit and want to make sure I have it configured properly. I want the normal operating temperature set at 77.6 degrees F. That's entered under nominal value. Cooling difference is .18, and I assume this will kick the fans on low when the temp reaches 77.9? Hysteresis is set to .270 and I believe this will enable the heater when the temp reaches 77.3 and it will **** off when it gets back to 77.6? 1-10V max is set to 1.62. I assume this means the fan will ramp to full speed when the temp reaches 78.9, or 79 degrees? I do see the snowflake icon when the fan is running so I assume it's working properly. The controller pins were both in the 1 position and I have it connected to V5-6 port. It's configured as temp on port 5. Thanks in advance. JP

JP,
Personally I don't use the Colling Difference - mine kicks on when temp is slightly out of bounds, as I use fans, I rather them run low speed more consistently, than higher speed trying to cool a larger differential down.

In your example:
Nominal: 77.6
Cooling Diff: 0.18
Hysteresis: 0.27

Chiller or fan should turn on:
77.600 + 0.225 + 0.180 = 78.01
The 1-10v is max. at deviation option; specifies the variable output in relation to the escalated temps. The higher the temps, the higher the 0-10v output, the faster the fans run.

The manual states the following:
"The adjusted hysteresis also depends on when the cooling is active. The switching-on point of the cooling also depends on the cooling difference (see also Sensors-> Cooling difference) and can be calculated as follows: T = nominal temperature + 5/6 * hysteresis + cooling difference With a hysteresis of 0.2 °C, this results: T = Nominal temperature + 0.167 °C + cooling difference."
"1-10 V max. at… (Only with temperature sensor) This setting allows you to define at which temperature the assigned 1-10 V interface (for example, for PTC or PropellerBreeze) should have the maximum output voltage. The connected device then has the maximum power with this temperature deviation. Adjustable are values between 0.2 °C and 10 °C."

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, thanks for the great detail. I'm going to make some minor tweaks after reading this. I like how quiet the fans are and how it lowered my tank temp in 24 hours by 2 degrees. Jeff

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back