PSA: Remember to clean your lights

I use canned air and a piece of card board with a micro fiber towel on it. Place cardboard on top of tank to where it won’t get wet. Place microfiber towel on top of cardboard , spray compressed air around and into fixture. The swiffer dust the rest for final clean. Micro fiber towel will catch dust particles and keep them from getting in you tank. After final clean, turn lights on and enjoy.. Happy Reefing Happy Lights.!!
 
I had to place the cockatoo cage into another room away from the flat screen TV and the tank, due to the dust her feathers put out. I feel your pain AngryMike2016
 
Living with a neat freak there's not much dust in the house. I do clean my 4 Kessil's once a year when I take down the floating canopy to replace the T5's. I don't feel comfortable taking them apart but they do get blasted with air.
 
That is totally my problem then! Hahaha

Their psychology is quite fascinating. Took me years of learning how to understand them, and nowadays getting bit by my flock is super rate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new