Purple Tang turned white

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I m thinking isn’t that ich stuff Fall of the fish into the sandbed and multiplying then back on to the fish it’s everywhere in the water in the sand on the fish ..... if I m not totally mistaken here 2-3 day cycle) ..... imo if you can catch them and heal the fish I would have to YouTube or google how long the cycle is .... would it not make more sense to use not tank water for the bucket but fresh saltwater same temperature to slowly maybe even raise it ? Would that not drastically reduce the ich to the once on the fish it self ? Still thinking about it ...

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does multiply on the sand bed, I think ich lives for like 72 days or something but I think this is brook or velvet. My black clown just died.

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I m so sorry that is so frustrating!!
brook I never heard of but velvet goes quickly like 3 days and you have basically no fish left
You’ve been dealing with that a while so I m thinking it’s ich

OP
OP
Purple•Tang

Purple•Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been treating with metroplex and focus and my clown has been getting better off and on but today it’s pretty bad and he’s hanging out by my power head. I’m at a loss because he’s looked like this off and on for 2 weeks now. So it must not be ich or brook. I’m really stumped as what it could be?

D0ED173E-A99C-4B94-AA0C-6DFC88BDFBE6.jpeg

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks is a long Time...... when it happened in my tank with velvet all my fish ( only had like 5 fish at the time ) went down within 4 days. Done All dead. When i had ich it took the first 2 fish 24h to be completely covered and then it went to all the others. The first 2 died and then a few others Every day it got worse. I treated with Ruby something from my LFS still fish died. I would say i lost about 70 % of my fish and the others looked bad that’s when I stopped all meds because i gave up honestly... I just watched them getting worse and worse even with the meds. But after I stopped probably 2 weeks in with meds and lots of water changes and after adding the wrasse i saw daily improvement . so maybe it cycled out maybe it was the wrasse not sure to this day. I just remember how sad and helpless I was.
Do you have enough oxygen in the tank ? Just wondering why your clown is up on the wave maker or maybe he is trying to get that stuff off of him from the movement

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back