1. MSB123

MSB123 Someone out there put something smart here. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Santa Barbara Reef Co-Op Build Thread Contributor

Clowns x2
    Midas Blenny
    Red Mandarin x2
    Lyretail Anthias x5
    Blue Throat Trigger x2
    3x longhorn cowfish

Tangs
    Yellow Tang x3
    Blonde Naso Tang
    Powder Blue Tang
    Clown tang

Wrasses
    Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
    Red head Salon Fairy Wrasse
    McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
    Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
    Line Spot Flasher Wrasse
    Ruby head Fairy Wrasse

These are the fish I am going to get. I plan to add all the fish from group 1 first, then group 2, then group 3. (I only have space for one QT tank and I don’t want to spend a year on QT.
    How does this sound and what should I do for QT?
    How big of a tank will I need?
    All the fish will be normal sized, with the exceptions of the tangs. They will be 3-4” and the salifin being 6-7”( to be a tank boss, so the others don’t fight or get too agressive.

4FordFamily likes this.

2. MSB123

MSB123 Someone out there put something smart here. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Santa Barbara Reef Co-Op Build Thread Contributor

3. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Article Contributor Hospitality Award Expert Contributor Build Thread Contributor

I think it’s a good plan, actually. How large is the tank?

The cow fish needs CP as they don’t do well in copper.

4. ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Yep, and the Mandarins too. But, the anthias don’t tolerate CP... so you’d probably want to split group 1 into two tanks, or two separate groups.

This might be helpful:
    Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-Guidelines-(with-chart).283450/&share_type=t

5. ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

I think you’ll probably want at least a 55 gallon QT for these sized “batches” as well.

4FordFamily likes this.
  6. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Article Contributor Hospitality Award Expert Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Oh yes good catch, I didn't see the mandarin or remember that about anthias! I'd move that around. You may do CP with the wrasses and add the mandy and cowfish. A 55 gal is definitely a good size for larger batches.

7. ngoodermuth

I don’t know about the flasher wrasses though... I don’t think they handle CP very well either. The fairy wrasses are a little better with it, but mine had some issues with appetite suppression around days 7-10 and stopped eating completely for the last few days.

I’d definitely suggest transferring to a second QT after day 14 of CP if you are going to try that with the fairy wrasses.

8. 4FordFamily

I am almost positive Bobby said he was getting them through CP, admittedly thought we haven't tried it. As sensitive as wrasse are in general to nearly all medications I struggle to think it could be any worse. But that's just my .02, more people have successfully brought them through copper.

ngoodermuth likes this.
  9. MSB123

Tank is 72”x36”x30”

10. MSB123

Thanks guys!
    What is CP again?

11. ngoodermuth

12. 4FordFamily

New Groups Suggestion:

Batch 1 (Copper):
    Clowns x2
    Midas Blenny
    Lyretail Anthias x5
    Blue Throat Trigger x2
    Yellow Tang x3

Batch 2 (Chloroquine Phosphate):
    Blonde Naso Tang
    Powder Blue Tang
    Clown tang
    3x longhorn cowfish
    Red Mandarin x2

Batch 3 (Copper):
    Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
    Red head Salon Fairy Wrasse
    McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
    Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
    Line Spot Flasher Wrasse
    Ruby head Fairy Wrasse

This would be my advice.

Or, trade out the mandarins and cowfish for something else, or perhaps quarantine them separately in CP as a 4th batch.

13. MSB123

I might

I really want the mandarins and cowfish, so I might do a 4th batch.

ngoodermuth and 4FordFamily like this.
  14. 4FordFamily

Feeding mandarins during QT is always the biggest issue with them. Pods will die almost immediately in medication, will need to be dosed a LOT. I don't know anyone that's successfully done this but I am sure it has happened. But it will be expensive to supply said pods to sustain them. If you find some on divers den or from ORA that eat other food, that would dramatically increase your odds.

15. ngoodermuth

The only way I got mine through 14 days of CP was nutrimar ova... it’s a shame that it is not available anymore :/

You could try fish roe, if you can find a local market that is still selling it. The season is just about over.

4FordFamily likes this.
  16. MSB123

I live on the coast so I will try.

17. MSB123

Will do. Cost. Isn’t an issue, but I would like to find some that are already eating frozen.

18. calvertc425

calvertc425 Member

Get Biota mandarins captive bred

4FordFamily likes this.
  19. MSB123

Would 3 yellows be better then 4? What is the magic number?
    Or even 3 or 4 purples?

20. MSB123

Draft saved Draft deleted