Quarantine Questions

revco33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be uronema. I kept one chromis on ice. Dead uronema, but looks exactly like the photos I’ve seen on it.

4CC5137C-A401-41DA-8040-9C309FBE0BFF.jpeg

revco33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Above photo were taken under samples without the top slide. Tried to thin out as good as a could with a Wüsthof pairing knife.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a differing opinion?

I have more trust in fresh formalin as even in stabilized commercial products has limited shelf life supposedly.... it’s relativley cheap and semi reliable on Amazon ...dosage easy to find
Am I understanding this???

You were sold sick fish, and their solution is for you to take on the time and expense of treating them?

It seems they knew there was a problem and sold them anyway.

Why didn't they treat these specimens prior to selling them? Because it's cheaper for them to have you do it.
They must be attorneys...ya know like the ones that have you do al the paperwork and running around then charge you a third of your winnings for stamps and filling out paperwork

revco33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and used rid ich plus kordon. It has a little formalin in it. I had two chromis that were looking great prior to use. I did a 90 minute bath and went a little extra on the rid ich. One chromis died. The other is breathing fast and it’s fins are going nuts. I’m afraid he isn’t going to make it. I decided to forgo the 37% formaldehyde because the other fish, YT, dragonet, Star blenny aren’t susceptible to the disease. I’ll update as I proceed. I have CP and metro/fusion. I’ll begin a low dose for a week and see what happens. I cleaned all my equipment in the new qt with a nice bleach bath and then dechlorinated. A little sun on the parts as well.

revco33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema confirmed. One of the fish took a poo in the acclimating bowl. I took a sample.

Attachments

• 3054A5B9-6948-453D-A845-D915F33B4ECA.MOV
    9.8 MB

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, horrible service.

Question for you, should I start a 2nd QT Tank and move the survivors over to get them into clean "untainted" water and start medicating again?
I would get a ten or twenty gallons at a buck a gallon at you know who and start up a second qt meanwhile sterilization to other equipment purchase separate utensils only for that tank and also get specimen containers and mark them for that tank. Again sir good luck and very sorry for your losses

OP
OP
Utahsaltnoob

Utahsaltnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a ten or twenty gallons at a buck a gallon at you know who and start up a second qt meanwhile sterilization to other equipment purchase separate utensils only for that tank and also get specimen containers and mark them for that tank. Again sir good luck and very sorry for your losses
I did that, the Blenny and tang are doing well.
i just performed another water change and have been treating with metroplex. With these 2 being less susceptible To uronema when is a good amount of time before I can place them in the DT? Been 2 weeks since they arrived from LA.

revco33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that, the Blenny and tang are doing well.
i just performed another water change and have been treating with metroplex. With these 2 being less susceptible To uronema when is a good amount of time before I can place them in the DT? Been 2 weeks since they arrived from LA.

Yeah my tang and blenny are well. Doing CP and metroplex. My dragonet is acting weird today. I was doing a water change and it came to the surface. It’s body was like off to one side. It let me hold it for a second and then jumped off. It went back down. Came back up and let me hold it again. It looks plump. I haven’t seen it eat. But it’s been kind of weird since I got it. I don’t think it will make it. Live Aquaria and me are done. Avoid Live Aquaria. I did some more samples from the fresh QT. No signs of uronema in the waste at the bottom. I spoke with a local LFS. He said they treat copper in their fish system. He said they’ve never seen a non chromis or anthia or whatever else are susceptible to it have it and die. I don’t plan on keeping any of those types of fish. I might just put the mandarin into my DT early. Tang and blenny can ride the storm. I guess it is also a full moon. I wouldn’t put it past the fishes strange behavior as a result of that. ;)

OP
OP
Utahsaltnoob

Utahsaltnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my tang and blenny are well. Doing CP and metroplex. My dragonet is acting weird today. I was doing a water change and it came to the surface. It’s body was like off to one side. It let me hold it for a second and then jumped off. It went back down. Came back up and let me hold it again. It looks plump. I haven’t seen it eat. But it’s been kind of weird since I got it. I don’t think it will make it. Live Aquaria and me are done. Avoid Live Aquaria. I did some more samples from the fresh QT. No signs of uronema in the waste at the bottom. I spoke with a local LFS. He said they treat copper in their fish system. He said they’ve never seen a non chromis or anthia or whatever else are susceptible to it have it and die. I don’t plan on keeping any of those types of fish. I might just put the mandarin into my DT early. Tang and blenny can ride the storm. I guess it is also a full moon. I wouldn’t put it past the fishes strange behavior as a result of that. ;)
Lol
I keep reading that about the anthias and chromis too.
I’ll run metro another dose tomorrow with a water change then I’ll add these 2.
Also really really done with Live Aquaria

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back