Quarantine tank advice for existing display?

enbee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have (new-ish) a 90Gal display tank that has been setup 7 months now, which is an upgrade on my previous 20Gal tank. I have now set-up my 20Gal as a permanent quarantine/hospital tank.

I have transferred my 3 fish over to the main display where they have lived happily for around 4 months. However, although they show no signs of illness, they were never treated or quarantined. As I will be now quarantining all incoming fish, is it worthwhile doing a quarantine/treatment proceedure on these three before I add anymore stock, and leaving the main display fallow for 72days to clear any parasites etc that maybe laying dormant in the DT? Also, if so, what quarantine/treatment method would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Shelbytwp123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if your old DT had no issues and you have them in your new tank for 4ish months I wouldn't worry about stressing them with QT as they are fine but all the Inc live stock, QT is definitely an awesome idea

Smo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had to give up your fish for some reason and I acquired them from you...at a minimum...I would run them thru TTM and Prazi, plus an observation period, before placing them in my DT. It's the only way I could be sure they weren't carriers of ICH or flukes.
Your 90G DT would need to remain fallow for 76 days with the new guidelines.

OP
OP
E

enbee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for the delayed reply. Thanks for the advice, QT is now setup so I will look to treat before continuing stocking and follow the 76 day fallow period to start fresh.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back