Quarantine tank questions

SD_Reefer_Madness

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded from a 20 gallon IM nuvo to a 65 gallon JBJ AIO. I’ve moved the majority of live stock to the 65 gallon DT and I eventually want to use the old 20 gallon tank for a quarantine tank. I’ve found the humble fish articles, but it covers setting up a QT from scratch. I’m wondering if I set it up right and removed most of the live rock, a bit of sand, and of course the rest of the livestock, can I use the already cycled system as a ready to go quarantine tank?
 
It's best not to have rock or sand in a quarantine tank that you plan on using to medicate fish. These things may absorb the medications making therapeutic levels difficult to maintain.

If only using it for observation without meds, then it should be fine.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new