Question about buying sexy shrimps

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an empty 29g cycled tank and I want to get some sexy shrimps (well there are pods and some worms so it's I guess it's not completely empty).
The sexys are not quite easy to come by where I live but I did find one place where they've just come into the store today. I did ask around and it seems to be the only place that imports them around here.

I've read that the shrimps and fish alike, are often stressed when transported and introduced to a new environment and they need some time to recover from their journey and also get used to the new environment (the tank at the store) so it is best to buy live stocks that have been at the store for some time.
I'm guessing the shrimps likely stressed out with the import travel and all so my plan is to go to the store tomorrow and ask them to hold onto the shrimps for me for a while with some deposit money upfront.
I'm not sure if they will accept the condition but is this even a good idea/needed? Assuming that they do agree, for how long should I ask them to hold onto them? A week? or maybe longer?

Another side question, do sexy shrimps eat copepods? I hope they do cuz I've got quite a number of them in the tank.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back