Question about Roti-Feast?

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've been trying to figure out if Roti Feast is live? I have found both answers online, but it looks like majority say it is actually rotifer eggs? Could one start a rotifer culture from these? Has anyone tried? Or, are they 100% dead and just to be used as is?

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roti-Feast® contains millions of fully intact Brachionus plicatilis marine rotifers eggs.

From Reef Nutrition web page.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've been trying to figure out if Roti Feast is live? I have found both answers online, but it looks like majority say it is actually rotifer eggs? Could one start a rotifer culture from these? Has anyone tried? Or, are they 100% dead and just to be used as is?

The rotifers are 100% dead, but fully intact. Most of them are carrying eggs when they were fixed. We have up to 3billion live rotifers in our culture facility on any given day of the week, and have turned our excess into the product you are familiar with, Roti-Feast. These animals are fully enriched with our own algal blends, so they actually have incredibly good enrichment value because we use the same blend that we sell to our fish hatcheries that are working with them.

We do sell live rotifers, so let me know what you are interested in. In the meantime, here is the page where we offer live rotifers. http://www.reedmariculture.com/product_instant_zooplankton_rotifers.php

Thanks for posting this question on R2R! And I'm happy to give you the real facts on our product versus you hearing it second hand.

Regards,
Chad

ReeferMadnessfragandco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has both! They come in live and dead. Lives just more money..

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 157 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back