Quick ich question

clownfishowner225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a blue powder tang and it’s been quarantining for about a month in one of my friends tanks. My friend noticed that it began to show signs of ich and we started to dose copper power at 2-2.5ppm and will do about 70days of treatment. What I don’t understand is that once the ich problem is gone, what stops it from returning once I transport the fish to my DT? Will stress from the move make it return? Only about a 15in drive.

Last edited:

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you move it be sure to run the full course of treatment. This should eradicate the ich parasite so it won't return (unless you already have ich in the tank you move the fish into).

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 days of power power held at 2.50ppm will eradicate ich. Copper power has a wider range of therapeutic level but if since you aren't dealing with a copper sensitive fish, my suggestion is not to fall below 2.50pm. Make sure you are dosing copper to the new mix before do the water change. Hanna checker is really your best bet for testing copper super easy to read unlike others that are based off color scales. 70 days in copper would be rough on the fish and unnecessary if you QT properly.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back