Quick ID please. Pest or friend

Sushitheshiba

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
371
Reaction score
426
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the middle of a tank move and I knew I had this specific crab for a while now, but never caught it. Well l moved one of my rocks today in a bucket and I guess it was hiding there tonight. So: is it a bad crab or good crab?
IMG_8543.jpeg

Thanks for any info everyone! IMG_8542.jpeg IMG_8541.jpeg
 
I’m in the middle of a tank move and I knew I had this specific crab for a while now, but never caught it. Well l moved one of my rocks today in a bucket and I guess it was hiding there tonight. So: is it a bad crab or good crab?
IMG_8543.jpeg

Thanks for any info everyone! IMG_8542.jpeg IMG_8541.jpeg

Looks like a stone crab or or some type of Xanthid crab which all are bad for your tank, not reef or fish safe usually and grow quickly, so send it to the sump! (just make sure there are no wires for it to claw on)

1767502381007.png
 
Thanks guys! I’m glad i got it out. Its probably the reason why I’m missing a couple of small fishes
 
Spineback hairy crab? But I say that about every purple xanthid
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new