Quick review of the Coralvue HYDROS WaveEngine

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a sku without the RF chip, since ETM support probably adds $50 to the end user BOM.
Yeah we're going to offer both, one with chip and one without. The version without is cheaper.

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
You're making it harder not to pick one of these up, Jeff..
I hope so! ;Shamefullyembarrased We are eyeing November 4th as the official launch date. A nice thing about the HYDROS app too is that if you ever purchase any other HYDROS equipment in the future (we have a lot of stuff in the works), they all use the same app. The only difference is more features are unlocked. Currently, we've only announced the aquarium controllers, the Control 2 and Control 4, but there is much more coming...

Earn WWC Rewards Points

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Now just figure me out some JB powerheads that can run on this, and you'd probably have two sales ;)
Jebao pumps can be controlled by the WaveEngine but they require a 0-10V interface box in addition to the pump controller. One of our beta testers is doing this:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I hope so! ;Shamefullyembarrased We are eyeing November 4th as the official launch date. A nice thing about the HYDROS app too is that if you ever purchase any other HYDROS equipment in the future (we have a lot of stuff in the works), they all use the same app. The only difference is more features are unlocked. Currently, we've only announced the aquarium controllers, the Control 2 and Control 4, but there is much more coming...
Excellent update! I have a XF330 bundle in an online shopping cart, now I need to decide if I want to wait and spend the extra $150 for the WaveEngine.

Just saw this too:

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Excellent update! I have a XF330 bundle in an online shopping cart, now I need to decide if I want to wait and spend the extra $150 for the WaveEngine.

Just saw this too:
Rather than a bundle, you could buy the pumps only, 2 of those Direct Drive adapters, and then the WaveEngine can control and power both of the pumps. It looks like that combination would be $176 more than the XF330 bundle.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rather than a bundle, you could buy the pumps only, 2 of those Direct Drive adapters, and then the WaveEngine can control and power both of the pumps.
That's what I was basing the price difference of $150 on but without the adapters. How much will those be?

Bundle is $450
Wave Engine $300 + (2) XF330 $300

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
That's what I was basing the price difference of $150 on but without the adapters. How much will those be?

Bundle is $450
Wave Engine $300 + (2) XF330 $300
Pumps Only ($150 x 2 = $300)
Direct Drive Adapters ($13 x 2 = $26)
WaveEngine ($300)

TOTAL: $626
---------------

XF330 Gyre Bundle ($450)

----------------

Difference is $176

Kyl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Jebao pumps can be controlled by the WaveEngine but they require a 0-10V interface box in addition to the pump controller. One of our beta testers is doing this:

Yeah, been over it previously w/ Carlos. I mean direct connection, not 0-10v, we'll see what the future holds.

OP
shred5

shred5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, been over it previously w/ Carlos. I mean direct connection, not 0-10v, we'll see what the future holds.

I am running two Reef Octopus VarioS pumps on 0-10v and it works great.
It does not eliminate a controller and power supply but does add those pumps to the cloud and one central point to control them.

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I am running two Reef Octopus VarioS pumps on 0-10v and it works great.
It does not eliminate a controller and power supply but does add those pumps to the cloud and one central point to control them.
Good point! The Quad Cable allows you to connect up to 4 x 0-10v pumps to the WaveEngine. :cool:

Do consider yourself a successful reef keeper?

• Yes (tell us in the thread what it takes to keep a healthy reef)

Votes: 135 40.9%
  • No I wouldn't consider myself successful yet

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 29 8.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Triton Marine Aquaculture
Your Reef