Racing extinction

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kschweer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
12,211
Reaction score
29,293
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished watching this on the discovery channel. I'm normally leery of discovery channel shows but in my opinion this one was very well done and had a lot of very interesting information. It's replaying now if anyone wants to catch it.
 
Just finished watching this on the discovery channel. I'm normally leery of discovery channel shows but in my opinion this one was very well done and had a lot of very interesting information. It's replaying now if anyone wants to catch it.
I just made a post myself before seeing yours. I'm watching them both
 
Just finished watching this on the discovery channel. I'm normally leery of discovery channel shows but in my opinion this one was very well done and had a lot of very interesting information. It's replaying now if anyone wants to catch it.
So what did you think man? Not a question as, How well they made the show, or the acting, etc. But in general. The reefs, the birds, and the little bit that got me was the viewing of the trees with the last bird singing followed by the sound of dead silence, nothing. Or the male singing his song calling for a female who would never come because she no longer existed, Saddens me. Sorry to ramble
 
Did you watch it? If so, what part or parts did you take with a grain of salt?
I took it with full concentration, as well as a little heartbreak.
 
It was very disheartening to me to see some of the things they were showing. I think the roof tops full of shark fins hit me the most. That and the manta ray gills.
 
So many hardhitting points. The fins had to be the most mind blowing. But the nurse shark robbed of its fins and thrown back. :-( the last of any species like the bird or frog. the unapologetic attitude and size of illegal markets. Crazy! The microscope video of oceanwater with crazy life in it was awsome. And the projection was a great idea. Blue Whales can hear eachother across oceans! cool show, hope a lot of people see it. Awareness is great
 
It was very disheartening to me to see some of the things they were showing. I think the roof tops full of shark fins hit me the most. That and the manta ray gills.
So many hardhitting points. The fins had to be the most mind blowing. But the nurse shark robbed of its fins and thrown back. :-( the last of any species like the bird or frog. the unapologetic attitude and size of illegal markets. Crazy! The microscope video of oceanwater with crazy life in it was awsome. And the projection was a great idea. Blue Whales can hear eachother across oceans! cool show, hope a lot of people see it. Awareness is great
Yes that part as well hit me hard! That slipped my mind. It's really messed up and I do not appreciate the things we humans do
 
I didn't see it yet but planning too. I also agree mankind is horrible to everything we come in contact with. It's sad how far we have gone destroying the world and the creatures in it.
 
I was hoping I could watch this on my roku today but the only place I can find it is amazon for $14.99 in hd. They don't even have an option to just rent it. I wish Discovery would make a Roku channel. I may end up breaking down and buying it.
 
It was a great documentation... like others have said the video of that nurse shark laying on the reef with its fins cut off killed me. The roof tops filled with shark fins, and the manta ray's got me really angry with cultures and their old wife's tail beliefs. Just goes to show how selfish humanity can be. Thankful for people and groups like that will go so far to protect these animals... wish I knew how they supported themselves. The end with the projections and the Tesla in NYC was awesome.
 
It was a great documentation... like others have said the video of that nurse shark laying on the reef with its fins cut off killed me. The roof tops filled with shark fins, and the manta ray's got me really angry with cultures and their old wife's tail beliefs. Just goes to show how selfish humanity can be. Thankful for people and groups like that will go so far to protect these animals... wish I knew how they supported themselves. The end with the projections and the Tesla in NYC was awesome.
I couldn't agree with that more! Well said
 
I was hoping I could watch this on my roku today but the only place I can find it is amazon for $14.99 in hd. They don't even have an option to just rent it. I wish Discovery would make a Roku channel. I may end up breaking down and buying it.
It's a good watch
 
I was hoping I could watch this on my roku today but the only place I can find it is amazon for $14.99 in hd. They don't even have an option to just rent it. I wish Discovery would make a Roku channel. I may end up breaking down and buying it.
Not sure where you are located but it is on again this sat at 9pm est
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new