Radion advice

jaybk5211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a display with 3 Radions on it, and a frag tank with one. Trying to get these things dialed in.

Display-I run 8 hours ramping up and back down, first 2 hours blue channels at 100%, uv at 75%. Next 4 hrs full spectrum with same setting on blues, but adding 15% on green, cool white, and red. Then last 2 hrs all blues again. I run the overall % at 75% I am getting average growth overall I guess, nothing too impressive. And some of the acros just really don't have impressive color but are growing and have polyps out. Tank is 27" deep and I am using RMS mounts for the lights. Feedback please

Frag tank-running 1 Radion gen3 pro with wide lens. Mostly zoas and a few Lps pieces. Running same cycle as display except I run overall % at 40%. So for instance when all blues are on it it is actually only 21%. I have decent growth and color, but they are looking dull on some. Like darker bruised looking. Tank is 12" deep and using RMS arm for that one too. None of the zoas look like they are stretching for light. Some are closed here and there but I don't think it's too much light.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to just run some of the reprogrammed settings rather than. Shallow reef mode is a pretty good mix of color and growth if thats what youre looking for.

blacktippr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sugest, trying the SPAS AB from EcoTech , it's doing good for me .

Go to echo tech marine and find coral lab and download. SPS AB.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back