Radion G4 SPS AB+??

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set to 100% the actual lighting is only 70 or so. Intensity up then to 100%
Right. Set the AB+ intensity to 70. Ignore “total intensity”. That’ll be roughly 350-400 par with your setup

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set to 100% the actual lighting is only 70 or so. Intensity up then to 100%
The compared total intensity doesn’t matter. It’s comparing apples to oranges since this is a specific program we’re talking about. It’s just an added measurement the engineers put in to describe how much more power the light has but overal it’s useless for reefing purposes.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Overall intensity is the one to ignore.

Set the slider on the left to 70% power for AB+.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one 70%

The one next to the graph in orange maxed out.

731536BC-82CC-4C3E-968F-495BE8A394A8.jpeg

DougBouma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, it looks amazing again.i had them on grow out mode and they were dull and losing color.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow out doesn’t look great to look at but if you go to blues the colors should still be there.

Good luck!!

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my XR30 Gen 4 Pro 13" above the frag tank and it's a 12" tank height. I would say my sps are 8" under the water. What percent should I have the light at with the AB+ setting?

Everyones tank has different needs and id say it would depends on how old your rock is. If its all dry rock and few months old I'd start off at 40% and monitor your color and PE before increasing it every 2-3 weeks to 45% and then 50%. I can't stress enough how easy it is to think you tank needs more now when it probably doesn't. Take it from me I started at 100% then went to 60% then 40%, now going back up slowly. Once you bake your tank early you'll be forced to go the other-way which is counter productive and really sucks. Even at the lower end I guarantee you corals will look healthier and grow faster if you slowly bring the intensity up. Pay attention to your nutrients and alk when making any decisions on your lighting this is the most critical part of lighting.

DougBouma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is in my 60 gallon grow out tank with only frag plugs. Connected to my 260 gallon main tank. All running about 8 months now.

Wingzinco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the circled is 49% and arrow says 70% is this correct?

This has been confusing to me too. I think the 100% is the potential of full spectrum and full brightness. Once you set the individual points to say 70% and are heavy in the blues, lower in the whites, green, reds, this drops the intensity down to say 50% on those points. After I save this, the orange bar on the left drops to 75%, which I think is still the potential at full spectrum or close to it.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been confusing to me too. I think the 100% is the potential of full spectrum and full brightness. Once you set the individual points to say 70% and are heavy in the blues, lower in the whites, green, reds, this drops the intensity down to say 50% on those points. After I save this, the orange bar on the left drops to 75%, which I think is still the potential at full spectrum or close to it.
Exactly. It’s all relative to the spectrum you’re running.

Mark Barker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, apologies for dredging up a fairly old thread but hoping one of you clued up peeps can review my schedule..

Tank: reefer 170 running full triton
Stock: will be mainly SPS dominant
Params: Nitrates 10/15ppm - phos 0.01 - Alk 7.7 - calc 430 - Mag 1350

The tank is cycled, using NSW and ATM Colony - however, has only been running a few weeks. Everything is settled on the parameters side (I’m banking on the algae bed taking off soon and dropping the Nitrates) , so just want to ensure the lighting schedule is appropriate.

The light is mounted using the RMS bracket. Highest rock around 8/10 inches from the surface.

Have set the A+B schedule to run 8am til 8pm at 50% (34%) intensity. Am I on the right track - or a little in the low side?

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still learning. The lights are currently set at 40‰ AB+ and everything is doing OK. The tank has been set up for 6 months so still trying to dial things in. The coverage seems to be very adequate with no shadows. Sps are doing well in upper 1/3 of tank with so so color and a little growth. Have LPS on bottom of tank looking great. I bumped my intensity up to 50% after everything got settled in and started to get bleaching right away. So went back to 40‰. I'd like to find someone with a similar set up that I could copy without having to experiment and learning the hard way. Any comments and advice are welcome. A screen shot of someone's apex settings with g4 pro would be welcome as well.

I run 8 G4 Pro at 21” above water on my 8 feet 300G tank. I was at 45% and I raise intensity by 1% every week. My goal is to get to 50% and have about 250 par in as many places as possible.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, apologies for dredging up a fairly old thread but hoping one of you clued up peeps can review my schedule..

Tank: reefer 170 running full triton
Stock: will be mainly SPS dominant
Params: Nitrates 10/15ppm - phos 0.01 - Alk 7.7 - calc 430 - Mag 1350

The tank is cycled, using NSW and ATM Colony - however, has only been running a few weeks. Everything is settled on the parameters side (I’m banking on the algae bed taking off soon and dropping the Nitrates) , so just want to ensure the lighting schedule is appropriate.

The light is mounted using the RMS bracket. Highest rock around 8/10 inches from the surface.

Have set the A+B schedule to run 8am til 8pm at 50% (34%) intensity. Am I on the right track - or a little in the low side?

Without a par meter there isn't a way to really give you a good answer. I'm running my G4 on a reefer 170 set to 70% Max output which is giving around a 50% total output with my schedule. I'm using an RMS mount that puts the light 8" from the water line and my SPS are about 4" below that. My par directly under the light where my SPS are ranges from high 300s to 250 on the outer edges of where I would place more SPS. BRS has a rental service that you can look into or ask your LFS is they offer the service as well.

Mark Barker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that’s cool fella - gives me a great general idea until I can get hold of a Par meter

Much appreciated

New to SPS, so as a general rule of thumb is their a specific Par you yourself are aiming for?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back