Radion G4 SPS AB+??

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that’s cool fella - gives me a great general idea until I can get hold of a Par meter

Much appreciated

New to SPS, so as a general rule of thumb is their a specific Par you yourself are aiming for?

250 in short.

Drex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is crazy I can't seem to get this scheduled to work it has stayed on blues all day. Is that the way this spectrum should look im new to these lights. About 4 hours before they go off one light fixture turns off any clue

TheGreatWave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's supposed to be really blue at the start and ending, somewhat more reasonable for the main 7 hour period. Still pretty blue though depending on what you are used to.
If you have the Ecotech live hooked up you can quickly cycle the lights to see if they are working as expected.

Drex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool im coming from 400w metalhalide and T5's

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is crazy I can't seem to get this scheduled to work it has stayed on blues all day. Is that the way this spectrum should look im new to these lights. About 4 hours before they go off one light fixture turns off any clue

Blues are only heavy during ramp up and ramp down then it gets some white buts it’s still more blue than white.

Are your lights set up as master & slave or are you running each as an individual?

Drex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man can't tell you to save my life just hooked them up and set the ab template

Drex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running under windows 10 hooking up to a USB cable

Drex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And can't seem to get out of offline mode

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And can't seem to get out of offline mode

You have to run EcoSmart manager first every time. It’s the fist thing you download. Then when you’re back online under layout create your aquarium and place your lights on there where you have them on your tank. Then under the light settings you can run them as individuals or as master/slave.

Drex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So adrian do you suggest that I delete them and start over

TheCodFather

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! Looking to get a little help here. Got some new frags in last week and I would like to transition to the AB+ schedule. I started the schedule last night under the acclimation mode but im not sure what bars I should be really focusing on. From what i read in the thread here is that I should be focused on the 40% bar? Am I right?
AB+ Schedule.png

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! Looking to get a little help here. Got some new frags in last week and I would like to transition to the AB+ schedule. I started the schedule last night under the acclimation mode but im not sure what bars I should be really focusing on. From what i read in the thread here is that I should be focused on the 40% bar? Am I right?
AB+ Schedule.png

The 40% bar is your max intensity and the other bar is intensity for each individual point. So the main one to focus on is the 40% and the other one is more for fine tuning.

TheCodFather

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@adrianr514 Thanks so much for your help! I thought I understood it correctly but just wanted to make sure. From what I read, it looks like 40% may be a good starting point. Do you think it would be beneficial to include the acclimation mode as well or is it find to just start off at the 40% mark and move up gradually?

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@adrianr514 Thanks so much for your help! I thought I understood it correctly but just wanted to make sure. From what I read, it looks like 40% may be a good starting point. Do you think it would be beneficial to include the acclimation mode as well or is it find to just start off at the 40% mark and move up gradually?

Acclimation mode essentially just does it for you in a scaled manner so you don’t have to worry if you’re upping the power by too much.

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ Schedule.png
Hi, just getting my G4 setup and wondering how you're transition went? What settings are your intensities at? Thanks!

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ is all blue channels at 100(blue, royal blue, violet and ultra violet) other channels at 24(red, green, cool white and warm white). This is on Gen 4 lights. Duration and intensity depend on your situation. I'm currently running this at 66 on intensity for 7.5 hours. Running 1.5 hours on front and back of AB+ as all blue at 30 intensity for viewing. You can also find AB+ on "schemes" in apex and cut and paste into your program. Hope this helps.
Hi, for these settings, do you also run the "brightness" setting for each individual point at 100%?

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the new tank, Reefer 170, G4 Pro. Downsized from larger cube. Intensity 51%, brightness 75%, blues and violet @ 100%, whites @ 17%, green @15%, red @21%. Running 10 hr day, then moonlight. Other than the LPS there are 2 JF Homewreckers, the tip broke off and now I have the second, Matt V Orange Envy Tenuis, Blueberry from Big R, a CB XXX Fuego chalice that I glued to the side of the larger rock. One fish, only running a skimmer with co2 scrubber, feeding coral a variety of food, dosing Triton for other methods very sparingly. WC every two weeks @5%. Corals are popping. Latest p04 @ .05, Nitrate @ 23 on a Hanna UL Nitrite checker. When asking Hanna where the numbers should be on a reef tank they stated up to 100. They don't have a conversion. Coraline is going crazy.
IMG_5191.jpg
How was your growth with those settings?

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%

Back