Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little dot’s at the end of the graph is where your point intensity would be at 100% Your schedule/acclimation is showing 70% as shown in the two dot’s behind.
You need to check your lights are connected, if not power cycle them and then go to settings, time (check your in the correct time zone ) and hit set to current time.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power cycled no luck several times. I am able to see 3 lights “up to date” BUT then when I go to edit the graph, Only ONE of the lights responds. Bluetooth??? Had I known wouldn’t have bought

i closed the app, Turned off IPhone, Power Cycled (which means UNPLUGGING each light right- there is no powerbutton on the fixture). Waited 15 sec polugged back in

tried this all with iPhone & app on/app off, best case is all lights “connected” then when i go to alter graph only 1 light responds

41B00087-9023-497A-A8AB-EA833F5C483F.png 2D5E32FB-9F79-4FBD-B986-F085CC8999BF.png 5341C7FD-8E0D-43DE-A521-DFE3190DA4C2.png EBFE279C-B95E-4070-B8BB-7813E10A2182.png

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok best to reset the lights. You should have a QuickStart manual in the box. Carry out the factory reset. I followed this to get mine active and synced again. Remove them from your tank schedule first. Reset the lights and re-add to the tank. It’s a bloody pain but worked for me.

image.jpg

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok best to reset the lights. You should have a QuickStart manual in the box. Carry out the factory reset. I followed this to get mine active and synced again. Remove them from your tank schedule first. Reset the lights and re-add to the tank. It’s a bloody pain but worked for me.

image.jpg
I will attempt factory reset. Meanwhile whats up with this?:

0CF5D545-588C-48BD-B812-AFD95061A07B.png 0C126571-DAB7-4C90-B006-34C4BC9DD60F.png 47B81C8D-4F3A-44B5-86F4-019BDEBA7424.png C1597F7C-90FB-4F8C-86E0-1864768E6918.png

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never come across that! Looks like a setting/schedule issue?
I would delete your setting AB+ whatever and create or import a new template. Might work.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the reset and setup new tank, now i think i got it. Not going to touch it again until ECOTECH fixes this Bluetooth debacle!

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good man, no leave alone for now lol
Hopefully they will have something more polished soon

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So look at this graph...will my lights shut off at night? How long is lunar light on?

C1488C97-E008-4F56-88CD-C1F1E35D73A2.png

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be the case, took me a little while to figure it out as well. The schedule percentage will override the point intensity setting for the lighting schedule. I think it defaults to 50% on the schedule when you load a template, at least that’s what it looks like to me. I have to play with it more tomorrow because I just got mine setup but with the limited options the app has its kinda crazy that it’s a head scratcher...
Been struggling myself but that seems to work. Small wonder my night time viewing times have been way too dim despite tweaking. I had played around with that master schedule % before but it didn't seem to work. When you set it and click done it does not do anything until you click the small "save" on the upper right screen. It would seem that by default, when you setup a template, you are effectively on acclimate even when its turned off although unlike acclimate there's no time period. I knew something was not right as my whole 200g system was only pulling 4 amps tops. I bumped up to 70% and each light is pulling about 114w/.9a now. At 100% each light pulling about 168w/1.4a midday on brilliant color template. Probably also explains why I have never heard fans come on with auto mode enabled.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those black dots are the moon lights, they drove me crazy when my lights were coming on when they were supposed to be off. You need to put those a zero.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So look at this graph...will my lights shut off at night? How long is lunar light on?

C1488C97-E008-4F56-88CD-C1F1E35D73A2.png
From what I understand and how mine have been working... when you enable the master moonlight switch it will automatically do moon phases which will start shortly after the lights go off. Don't think my moonlights have ever been on more than a couple hours and then dark. Because I have moon on there is a small moon icon at end of lights on schedule. Can't see it in yours. And yes in moon phase all leds are off except that white/blue led moonlight in the center of the light.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank is in my bedroom and the dam things were coming on when I was sleeping, I would have to unplug them until a few days later someone on here mentioned how to turn them off.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in my bedroom and the dam things were coming on when I was sleeping, I would have to unplug them until a few days later someone on here mentioned how to turn them off.
Just turn the lunar switch off at top of tank lighting screen. Right next to the acclimation button.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help in getting this to cooperate. When/If the weakness of Bluetooth and the generally poor UI and functionality pf the Mobius app is resolved; I feel the G5 will emerge as the go-to LED for Acros. Ive run T5s forever, and still do, now in conjunction with LED. My LED experience is limited to orphek, black box, hydras and now g5. Non had the brightness of the g5. Like most i imagine, Im after “Pop” , Growth, no Shading. Since its too early to tell on growth and shading to some extent I can only comment on Pop. The twighlight ‘ramp down’ of the AB+ template on G5 delivers the best Pop ive seen. Im pulling red polyps, Rainbow coralites, metallics in tissue. Very nice. Im sure those with more time in front of their tank and a keen eye will offer their g5 schedules they like but for me its 100% on all except, 0% cyan, red, lime, white, etc and a subtle 35% intensity (like i said that dusk phase). Really pretty. So far as Par...BRS has the data.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help in getting this to cooperate. When/If the weakness of Bluetooth and the generally poor UI and functionality pf the Mobius app is resolved; I feel the G5 will emerge as the go-to LED for Acros. Ive run T5s forever, and still do, now in conjunction with LED. My LED experience is limited to orphek, black box, hydras and now g5. Non had the brightness of the g5. Like most i imagine, Im after “Pop” , Growth, no Shading. Since its too early to tell on growth and shading to some extent I can only comment on Pop. The twighlight ‘ramp down’ of the AB+ template on G5 delivers the best Pop ive seen. Im pulling red polyps, Rainbow coralites, metallics in tissue. Very nice. Im sure those with more time in front of their tank and a keen eye will offer their g5 schedules they like but for me its 100% on all except, 0% cyan, red, lime, white, etc and a subtle 35% intensity (like i said that dusk phase). Really pretty. So far as Par...BRS has the data.
I just got off the phone w/Echotech and they informed me that on Friday they began working on an issue where G5s were not following schedules as programmed, that they may 'come back on after they're programmed to be Off". They recommended that owners UnPlug their lights each night just to be safe. Stated that if you plug in in the morning, the lights should resume schedul. I was told that they are testing the fix now and it should update shortly. Not exactly re-assuring. Be Vigilant.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back