Radios Gen 5 to be realeased 2/17/20

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a PAR map for that?

Not yet. Thinking of adding a second reflector or perhaps leds on either side of this one reflector. The tank does need a little more light on either side to make me happy. I want to eliminate the shadows on the sand bed on the sides of the tank. Kind of a personal preference of mine.

JP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually was, and is, completely available from Ecotech's website. No packet needed. Sent them an email (and messaged Tim) about it this morning, but no response. Maybe its to build hype LOL
Took me less than a minute to find it on their site.

JP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually downloaded a whole 12 page document. Personally don't see the hype. Form factor is the same. They spaced out the LED's instead of clusters. Now it has a Ecotech designed fan now.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps something like this;
20200105_182320.jpg

20200212_204604.jpg

One 250 watt halide. That's a 5' long tank folks;)
Meh, LED's are the wave of the future, MH will eventually be lost to history just as the wet/dry made way for the sump/fuge/live rock.

There's still people out there with bioballs and it works, but there are better ways of doing it now.

Boiballs are to Live Rock
as
Metal Halides are to LED's

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, LED's are the wave of the future, MH will eventually be lost to history just as the wet/dry made way for the sump/fuge/live rock.

There's still people out there with bioballs and it works, but there are better ways of doing it now.

as

Edited my original response, but I'm gonna just put it back up.

LOL!

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

as

Not to throw this thread off course but I think there will always be a place for MH's in this hobby, there are a few new reefers out there who value there benefits and realize that the only real downside to them is the heat.

I'm glad to see Ecotech has moved to a much bigger heat sink and better fan design. As well as shifting away from the puck design. Interesting they did this with the radions but didn't do it with the Hyrdas.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugly, Im in the market for a pair of xr30w gen 2 or gen 3 pro's
Swooping in already, I see!

I'm still using 2 G3's, I'm ready for an upgrade. It would be nice if the new lights have a bigger heat sink with no fans. That by itself would be worth it. I embrace laziness where I can, not cleaning fans will be nice.
The fan noise is my only complaint. I like stuff to be as quiet as possible.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

as

Drink that cool aid. Drink it down!!
"Wave of the future" or "cleaver marketing?"

Anything over 100 gallons is perfect for halides. The heat thing is waaay over exaggerated. I mean.. who keeps their house at 78 degrees? Not this guy.

I silently weep at night because my geiseman spectra does have an intensity ramp :(

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet that these will not work with third party controllers... Apex... since ecotech wants everything to be limited to their Mobius app. First GHL, now Apex. That will be a bummer.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who really cares if this “news” leaked, just free advertising for them. It’s not like a secret, just a light and I will snatch some G4’s if they are cheap enough. That’s why I have seen some many G4’s for sale lol.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 126 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back