Random Flow Generator Show Off Thread - Show us your Tank!

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you run the Random Flow Generator™ Nozzle in your aquarium - want to show it off? We would love to see it. Post pics of you tank - be sure to include shots that show your RFG Nozzle. Videos are great too. There is no better way to show the flow than with a video :)
RFG100_0175_400.jpg You can learn more abtou the Random Flow Generator - the only random flow nozzle with NO MOVING PARTS, from our website at:
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-spotlight/random-flow-generator/
Now lets see those tanks!

VCA_125reef_1726.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the internal structure/opening of the 1" model larger than the 3/4" model? I'm using a pair of educators in my current tank and it's annoying because the internals of the 1" version are identical to the 3/4" version, it just has a larger threaded end. So very restrictive to pump flow.

Bryan MD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my single Vivid nozzle in my Red Sea Reefer 170. Set up was a snap. Had it back up and running in minutes. One thing of interest is when you do a feeding and turn the sump off, the water has to lower further with the Vivid vs the old outlet. Not a problem, just need to wait a little longer before adding food to feed the critters so it does not go into the sump. I can really can see a difference in the surface agitation of the water with the new nozzle. Hopefully the new flow will work to better reach my dead spots. Vivid nozzle1.JPG Vivid nozzle2.JPG

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the internal structure/opening of the 1" model larger than the 3/4" model? I'm using a pair of educators in my current tank and it's annoying because the internals of the 1" version are identical to the 3/4" version, it just has a larger threaded end. So very restrictive to pump flow.

Yes, the 1in version of the Random Flow Generator is physically larger. Here is a photo that shows the three different sizes, side-by-side for comparison
RFG100_0175_400.jpg

the 1in RFG nozzle is design to slip-fit over a standard Schl40 PVC pipe, while the other two (1/2in and 3/4in) will snap on to standard Loc-Line

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my single Vivid nozzle in my Red Sea Reefer 170. Set up was a snap. Had it back up and running in minutes. One thing of interest is when you do a feeding and turn the sump off, the water has to lower further with the Vivid vs the old outlet. Not a problem, just need to wait a little longer before adding food to feed the critters so it does not go into the sump. I can really can see a difference in the surface agitation of the water with the new nozzle. Hopefully the new flow will work to better reach my dead spots. Vivid nozzle1.JPG Vivid nozzle2.JPG

Bryan, thanks for sharing. 1/2in RFG Nozzle with the Slip-Fit-Drop Adapter is a great single nozzle solution or your size tank. Keep us posted as to the progress

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the 1in version of the Random Flow Generator is physically larger. Here is a photo that shows the three different sizes, side-by-side for comparison
RFG100_0175_400.jpg

the 1in RFG nozzle is design to slip-fit over a standard Schl40 PVC pipe, while the other two (1/2in and 3/4in) will snap on to standard Loc-Line

Thanks, yes I had seen that picture. Can you kindly confirm that the internal structure, mainly the orifice that passes water, is also physically larger in the 1" model? I'm interested in getting a pair.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yes I had seen that picture. Can you kindly confirm that the internal structure, mainly the orifice that passes water, is also physically larger in the 1" model? I'm interested in getting a pair.

Maybe this image will help - looking straight down the 3 size nozzles, from left to right is the 1/2in, 3/4 and the 1in RFG Nozzle.

The Accelerator portion of the nozzle is obscured by the internal fins at this view, but the opening is larger in the 1in nozzle (approx 5/8in) vs the 3/4 in version (approx 9/16in).

RFG050-075-100_0173.jpg

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea and what I've been wanting on my max s 650! Its always bothered me about the static circ pumps in the back and return. Great solution! Expect an order shortly!
Great! - we ship daily, so if you order today before 3pm MST, your order will ship today. It usually takes about 2-3 days to arrive, so you would have your order by the weekend

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back