Random Flow Generator Show Off Thread - Show us your Tank!

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need one of these for my Red Sea Peninsula 650.. Which would you recommend?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need one of these for my Red Sea Peninsula 650.. Which would you recommend?
For the Red Sea Peninsula 650 you could go either one of our Red Sea Reefer Ultimate Return Line Upgrade kits. If you have a big enough pump, you could go with the XXL kit.

See, @Fringe09 tank a few posts above. He runs the XXL kit in his RSR 750 XXL tank

Here's a link to the RSRFK075 kit - it includes everything need to split the return and run two, 3/4in RFG nozzles:
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...ate-xxl-return-line-upgrade-25mm-to-34in-rfg/

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a full set for circ pumps and return, no moving parts is such a huge bonus factor to this! I mean how could you ever not want more random flow with nothing to jam? Look forward to the nozzles!
Thank you! We received your order, and it will ship out today.
Be sure to come back here an spot a pic of your tank once you have it all up and running :)

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running two Random Flow Generators in addition to 2 Maxspect Gyre 230s and 2 SunSun JVP-201B Powerheads. Water is mooooooooooving!

Quick FTS 10/23/2017:

ToFYvnV.jpg

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running two Random Flow Generators in addition to 2 Maxspect Gyre 230s and 2 SunSun JVP-201B Powerheads. Water is mooooooooooving!

Quick FTS 10/23/2017:

ToFYvnV.jpg
Nice! I like it.

The RFG nozzles can be a great compliment to your exiting flow pumps and can helped add that extra dimension to the movement around the tank.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1" SeaSwirl and have thought about adding one of these to it. Are they only available in slip fittings? Do you make ones that are threaded?

Unfortunately, we don't have a threaded version. But the 1in does just slip-fit over a strandard 1in PVC pipe. You could also split the flow into two 3/4in RFG nozzles and run them that way.

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the stock Innovative Marine pump (476gph)work with two of these in a IM 50g lagoon? Or, would I need to run two return pumps?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the stock Innovative Marine pump (476gph)work with two of these in a IM 50g lagoon? Or, would I need to run two return pumps?
It would work - but depending on what you are trying accomplish , in terms of flow, you might need an upgraded pump.

You'll find the full set of Flow Recommendations for our Nozzles in your FAQ section of our website at: https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/frequently-asked-questions/

To get an effective randomized flow out of two 1/2in RFG Nozzles these are our recommendations for GPH to the nozzles:
Recommended Min: 250-400 GPH
Optimal: 640-670 GPH

The Nozzles will work below the recommended minimum, and will handle far more than 640-670, but are where we think it produces the best results.

Last edited:

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hummmmm I am getting temped with this. I have a Sea Swirl also that is 3/4" with a educator and also have the Chiller output separate with a wide flare nozzle.

Thinking if I should only replace the educator, flare nozzle or both. Decisions?

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great point. Will like to see what comes out to connect to the Sea Swirl before replacing the educator. I think the Chiller output will not have that much flow for the RFG nozzle effect.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back