OP
OP
Raptor72

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on progress. I’ve finished plumbing, rock work and almost done with the electrical. I plumbed the drains into a single pipe that attach into the Reefmat intake. I got the info from this Link

I should be doing a water test within the week.
IMG_5424.jpeg
IMG_5425.jpeg
IMG_5498.jpeg

I also noticed that all 4 of my lights had burned lenses which appears to be a common thing on these lights. I’ll be ordering replacements soon.

IMG_5496.jpeg

TBSB2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good and solves a problem I am having. But it causes another for me. On Waterbox's website, it says the return line is 32mm/1 1/4-inch but DN25. DN25 is 1-inch and DN32 is 1 1/4-inch. I assumed it was 1 1/4-inch since it is a total volume of over 300 gallons. My 180 right now has 1-inch returns. Can you let me know which it is please?

OP
OP
Raptor72

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good and solves a problem I am having. But it causes another for me. On Waterbox's website, it says the return line is 32mm/1 1/4-inch but DN25. DN25 is 1-inch and DN32 is 1 1/4-inch. I assumed it was 1 1/4-inch since it is a total volume of over 300 gallons. My 180 right now has 1-inch returns. Can you let me know which it is please?

I’m not sure what your question is exactly but yes, they are metric. The 2 drains are 32mm and the emergency one is 40. I picked up metric to standard adaptors online and now have 1 inch and 1 1/4” drains.

I’m crossing my fingers that there will be enough flow for the Reefmat to work smoothly with this plumbing configuration. I diverted my emergency drain into the 3rd compartment instead of the back thin one. Essentially, nothing should be draining back in there but I’m wondering what to do incase I get some stagnant water back there. I might just divert the UV filter discharge into the back chamber to keep it flowing.

TBSB2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what your question is exactly but yes, they are metric. The 2 drains are 32mm and the emergency one is 40. I picked up metric to standard adaptors online and now have 1 inch and 1 1/4” drains.

I’m crossing my fingers that there will be enough flow for the Reefmat to work smoothly with this plumbing configuration. I diverted my emergency drain into the 3rd compartment instead of the back thin one. Essentially, nothing should be draining back in there but I’m wondering what to do incase I get some stagnant water back there. I might just divert the UV filter discharge into the back chamber to keep it flowing.
I have been trying to figure out the return line size. The metric was throwing me off. I was thinking 1 1/4-inch but I was wrong. You answered my question.

The way it was explained to me, 1-inch can handle about 2000 gal an hour so is should be fine. I was worried about the same with the flow on 1-inch.

I was looking to send my uv into the rear chamber for the exact reason along with placing some rock rubble in it just for more bacteria surface area.

Reckless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Raptor72, I know this is your build thread but I'm looking to taking advantage of the Memorial Day Sales this weekend and I'm trying to decide between the Waterbox Reef LX 330.7 and the Red Sea Reefer-S 1000 G2. I've seen the S 1000 in person and I haven't heard back from WB yet about the questions I have and was hoping an owner of the LX 330.7 could help.

The rear of the euro-brace has cut outs for mounting lights to the tank but the website photos look to be for the LX 380.8 and not the LX 330.7. The customer review photos also look to be a mix of all 3 LX models, some being discontinued. Can you confirm how many cut outs you have in your euro brace for mounting lights, is it 2 or 4 (not counting the center overflow)? If there are 4 are they evenly spaced apart?

WB LX 330.7
1716665021504.png

WB LX 330.7 or WB LX 380.8?
Snag_2269a1.png

Does the water from the refugium chamber flow over the baffle, under or through slots cuts (similar to the filter sock section) to get to the skimmer section?
1716664362531.png

Thanks in advance.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Raptor72, I know this is your build thread but I'm looking to taking advantage of the Memorial Day Sales this weekend and I'm trying to decide between the Waterbox Reef LX 330.7 and the Red Sea Reefer-S 1000 G2. I've seen the S 1000 in person and I haven't heard back from WB yet about the questions I have and was hoping an owner of the LX 330.7 could help.

The rear of the euro-brace has cut outs for mounting lights to the tank but the website photos look to be for the LX 380.8 and not the LX 330.7. The customer review photos also look to be a mix of all 3 LX models, some being discontinued. Can you confirm how many cut outs you have in your euro brace for mounting lights, is it 2 or 4 (not counting the center overflow)? If there are 4 are they evenly spaced apart?

WB LX 330.7
1716665021504.png

WB LX 330.7 or WB LX 380.8?
Snag_2269a1.png

Does the water from the refugium chamber flow over the baffle, under or through slots cuts (similar to the filter sock section) to get to the skimmer section?
1716664362531.png

Thanks in advance.
I'll send you a dm. I have a 330.7 that was delivered in February. Mine is stock and I think the OP has plumbed in a roller.

OP
OP
Raptor72

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not home right now but I do know that there are four cutouts for lights as shown in the picture.

As far as the fuge divider, I want to say it goes through the slots

Sorry, away for the holiday weekend

OP
OP
Raptor72

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, while I hope to get this thing wet, maybe this weekend, let’s talk about the fish list. The plan for this tank is to have fish that I wasn’t able to keep before because of coral, hence why I went with the higher rock. While I’m not going for a FOWLR look, I’d like to toss in some softies later.

As far as fish, some of the ones I’ve done some quick research on are:
  • Achilles Tang ⭐
  • Yellow Tang ⭐
  • Naso Tang ⭐
  • Gem Tang ⭐
  • Atlantic Blue Tang ⭐
  • Two spot Bristletooth Tang ⭐
  • Clown / Sohal Tang ⭐
  • Convict Tangs ⭐
  • Harlequin Tusk ⭐
  • Crosshatch Trigger ⭐
  • Pink-Tail Trigger ⭐
  • Majestic Angelfish
  • Blueface Angelfish
  • Blue line Angelfish
  • Scribbled Angelfish
  • Queen Angelfish
  • African Flameback Angelfish
  • Pyramid Butterflyfish ⭐
  • Quoyi Parrotfish ⭐
  • Magnificent Foxface ⭐
  • Bicolor Goatfish⭐
  • Spanish Hogfish ⭐
  • Porcupine Pufferfish
  • Pink face Wrasse ⭐
  • Red Coris Wrasse
  • Borbonious Anthias ⭐
  • Sweet lips grouper

All the ones with a star are the ones I have looked up. I had a couple of eels on there but I’ve read that they are messy and can dirty up the water quickly. Maybe I’ll try one later down the road.

TBSB2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a long list. Some beautiful fish on it.

So far I have a Purple Tang (my wife nicknamed tank due to her girth), Foxface, Sailfin Tang, Convict Tang, Copperband Butterfly (one of my first fish 5 years ago), Fairy Wrasse, 2 dwarf angels, and misc. small fish. Have a pair of Domino Damsels that I really want to throw in the yard. Most aggresive fish I have ever had. They are going back to the LFS when I do the tank moves.
20231201_171503.jpg

20231220_102539.jpg

The tank came in and I am impressed by it. Had never seen one. I am really glad I went with it over the Red Sea.

OP
OP
Raptor72

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a long list. Some beautiful fish on it.

So far I have a Purple Tang (my wife nicknamed tank due to her girth), Foxface, Sailfin Tang, Convict Tang, Copperband Butterfly (one of my first fish 5 years ago), Fairy Wrasse, 2 dwarf angels, and misc. small fish. Have a pair of Domino Damsels that I really want to throw in the yard. Most aggresive fish I have ever had. They are going back to the LFS when I do the tank moves.
20231201_171503.jpg

20231220_102539.jpg

The tank came in and I am impressed by it. Had never seen one. I am really glad I went with it over the Red Sea.

Oh yeah, CBB is supposed to be on my list. Thanks for the reminder. I have to find one that is already eating mysis and other food. Dominos are so cool looking but you would never guess that that little guy would be such a terror.

TBSB2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, CBB is supposed to be on my list. Thanks for the reminder. I have to find one that is already eating mysis and other food. Dominos are so cool looking but you would never guess that that little guy would be such a terror.
I started the Copperband out on live until she was comfortable and migrated her to frozen. It took a month or so. Has been worth it with her personality. She likes to eat fresh scallops from my hand and will rub my arm as I clean the tank. Always following looking for spaghetti worms and bristle worms I stir up.

The dominos on the other hand (have a pair) are always doing mating dances and destroying the sand bed which sends sand all over. Plus the male has tormented chromies to death and I think they killed one of my devil sapphire damsels. I used to think the sapphires were mean. The dominos have even tried to attack my Naso Tang and Hippo Tang. That didn't work out well. They were the very last fish I added to the tank and they are still this way. Never again. Back to the lfs they go.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%

Back