RBTA Stung my Yellow Tang, need advice!

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i Just added my new yellow tang ( 2 3/4 inch ) to my tank. He had just finished my QT process. As soon as I added him to the tank after acclimating, he darted to a corner of a tank, then as he left the cave, he accidentally bumped into my RBTA. He was stung and immediately swam away. He has been swimming a little weird but is going around the tank. So he is not on the substrate or anything and is not breathing to hard. Does anyone have a similar experience? What are the chances he will be okay? And how many hours til I know??? Thank you so much. Also I cant put him in my QT/hospital tank as after I added him to this tank, I began using the QT tank to treat a fish with fin rot. So he has to stay in the display tank.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs swim in and out of my BTAs and will even steal food from them. BTAs and tangs get along very well. My blue tang will get aggressive with the BTAs every few years. She will end up with white streaks and will leave them alone, then memory lapses . . . . Or that shrimp is just too irresistible and worth the sting!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 76.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back