OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some changes / corrections to my sump.
Finally I turned on the second return pump that was stopped.
Now I have a Water Blaster 7000 sending water to the display / frag tank/ chiller / reactors, connected to the nobreak and a Water Blaster 5000, sending water to the display. This is connected to the Apex.
Thus the turn over more than doubled.
I also made some corrections to the plumbing.

I took the whole siporax to wash and I don't know if I will return it to the tank.

I removed the rocks that were in a compartment under the skimmer and brought to the sump where the return pump is, but these rocks must also come out.

I siphoned the bottom of the sump and removed a lot of "dust".

I took the zeolites out of the phosban reactors and put active carbon in one.

I must go back to using biopellets in one and GFO in the other to reduce my Nitrate / Phosphate ....

Tomorrow I'll fix some more things and when it's all right I'll take some updated photos of the fish room.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C. Rubeus seems to be correct

That sounds like a lot of sump work. Not a lot of fun, but the sump always looks so much better when it's done.

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..........job done.

P_20200805_131930.jpg

P_20200805_131949.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I photograph my fish a little because it is the most "irritating" type of photo to take in the reef, for the simple fact that they don't stop ...... lol
Last week I left laziness aside and decided to try to photograph all my fish in one session and, of course, I couldn't do it. But some cool pictures came out anyway.

This is my current clownfish couple, a pair of Black Ices from Ecoreef, a local fish breeder. The female ended up with more black than I imagined, which makes me wonder if she is not a Black Snowflake, instead of Black Ice. They have not yet "found themselves" in the tank and spend most of their time together, near the rear panel. I believe (and hope) that a year from now, when they are more mature, they will end up looking for a coral colony to do symbiosis.

Black-ice6.jpg

Black-ice9.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 of the 4 big wrasses .... Yellow Coris was not feeling photogenic on the day .....
It is difficult to say which one I like the most, but Solorensis came in a not very good condition, small, without color, and watching it grow and get the current color is very exciting.
Leopard is one of my fish with the coolest personality. And one of the easiest fish to photograph .....

Solorensis
Solorensis2.jpg

Melanurus
Melanurus3.jpg

Bipartitus
leopard6.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the 4 small wrasses .....
Only the rubeus showed up on the day ..... the others opened but always in situations where I couldn't photograph.
The rubeus, the last to arrive, is one of the most beautiful colored fish I have ever seen.
In the photos, the red and the orange mix and lose part of the effect. Live he is more beautiful.
Luckily, the other 3 received him indifferently and he soon joined the group ...

Red longfin - C. rubeus
Cirrhilabrus-rubeus-3.jpg

Cirrhilabrus-rubeus-4.jpg

Lubocki
Lubock6.jpg

filamentosus
Filamented-flasher-2.jpg

Carpenter
Carpenter-flasher-2.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fish I photographed for the FIRST TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the pseudochromis group...... I currently have a sankei and a springeri ..... and the springeri, being black and being more shy, I had never been able to make a photo where it didn't become a blur. .... this time I did 3 and this is the "best" of them.

springeri.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Costa

Alex Costa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point that contrasts with the springeri in the tank: my smithii.
It is one of my favorite fish. Super active and with a very interesting personality.
It's really cool to see Meiacanthus hunting .... the gramistes has the same stance ...

Smithii5.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alex, some time ago you mentioned to maybe switch to Ecotech Marine Radion lighting. Did you do that in the end?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back