OP
OP
reefrf

reefrf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Setosa was unfortunately taking over the the main rock & slowly destroying everything in its path. I saved what I could & covered the remaining areas to insure it does not grow back.
750eb8bd143419a89d16c3cb5497796e.jpg

ab268474a3ae7c60c9c4a19764a29ea6.jpg

OP
OP
reefrf

reefrf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Just some photos from today. Did some trimming & moved some corals to allow more light.

J. Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank and great job keeping everything happy. I love the way to placed your corals. The colors complement each other nicely. Cool to see your first few photos compared to the ones recently. That tank has transformed!!

I might have missed it, how is the CARX treating you? Have to make many adjustments over time? How are you feeding the reactor and have you had any issues with the effluent line clogging?

OP
OP
reefrf

reefrf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank and great job keeping everything happy. I love the way to placed your corals. The colors complement each other nicely. Cool to see your first few photos compared to the ones recently. That tank has transformed!!

I might have missed it, how is the CARX treating you? Have to make many adjustments over time? How are you feeding the reactor and have you had any issues with the effluent line clogging?

Thanks for your comments. I agree about the progression as in it’s difficult for me to see the growth day to day but when I look back it’s amazing to see the difference in just under 2 years. The rock work starts to disappear.

I have a Geo 624 calcium reactor. It’s teed off the return line where I have a ball valve to adjust down. I have made adjustments over time & will continue to do so as the colonies get larger. I no longer have my effluent line clog anymore because I just keep it a low steady stream. The only adjustment I ever make is the bubble rate for the Co2. I just focus on the rate I melt the media if that makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions.

J. Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your comments. I agree about the progression as in it’s difficult for me to see the growth day to day but when I look back it’s amazing to see the difference in just under 2 years. The rock work starts to disappear.

I have a Geo 624 calcium reactor. It’s teed off the return line where I have a ball valve to adjust down. I have made adjustments over time & will continue to do so as the colonies get larger. I no longer have my effluent line clog anymore because I just keep it a low steady stream. The only adjustment I ever make is the bubble rate for the Co2. I just focus on the rate I melt the media if that makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So you are having success with feeding your reactor off your main return pump, interesting. When I move to a reactor I plan on running an industrial dosing pump to run continuously. That way I won't have any valves in the system. I thought about running my reactor like you have it, but i use feed modes often which kills the return pump and would kill the reactor. I guess you could program the CO2 to stop when you kill the return pump and then resume when things fire back up.

Thanks for sharing and i'll be following.

Amazing reef!

J. Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you have the time, could you take some more photos of your acroporas? The size and color of your sticks is amazing. Love the Pearlberry, old school and amazing.

OP
OP
reefrf

reefrf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you have the time, could you take some more photos of your acroporas? The size and color of your sticks is amazing. Love the Pearlberry, old school and amazing.

Okay will do in the next couple of days. [emoji56]

OP
OP
reefrf

reefrf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s some pics that you asked for. Sorry, not the best at capturing the details. All on an iPhone X.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back