Red Knobby sea star sick ??

rattehölz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother bought 2 red knobby sea stars a few weeks ago, and he’s convinced that one is dying.

I know nothing about red knobbies, but I’m sure they aren’t supposed to grow orange spots on the underside of them??

We’ve tested the water, everything seems fine except the “hardness”. We’re going to get that fixed as soon as possible. We’ve been taking care of the water as much as possible. The tank is 20 gal high.

If anyone could give me any advice or confirm the health of these starfish, absolutely please please reply to this.

image.jpg
 
Unfortunately it is slowly starving to death. They eat microfauna that lives in the ocean sand, and they quickly run out of food in our tiny systems, and as far as I know, there is no known food that they eat that we can provide to them. Seeing as how your tank is brand new, it has no food at all for it to eat. Sorry for that, impulse buys in this hobby sometimes don't work out well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new