Red on hammer?

r98

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
33
Location
birmingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what this may be?
There seams to be 2 red masses and one small red mass on my hammer.
I’ve had the hammer a month and the first 2 weeks everything was okay, but the last 2 weeks it just hasn’t opened fully, I’d say it’s opened about 70% max.

I was wondering if these red things could be the problem??

9ED6A117-71FD-4E8E-A519-1A67AEBC33C2.jpeg
 
looks maybe like a vermitid snail hard to see in the picture
 
looks maybe like a vermitid snail hard to see in the picture
Cheers bud, will try and got more pic today, it was quite late when I noticed it last night!

Quick google and they do look like these… ***

How would I go about removing?
 

Attachments

  • AFD85259-3E3C-4811-8B27-A9E7FF6AA612.png
    AFD85259-3E3C-4811-8B27-A9E7FF6AA612.png
    1 MB · Views: 109
Another angle
 

Attachments

  • 646071C1-9B2B-4723-9EAA-46936F84B1D6.jpeg
    646071C1-9B2B-4723-9EAA-46936F84B1D6.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 98
Not sure if this helps your cause, I tried to remove the noise and make it more defined by messing with the exposure in photoshop.
Snail.jpg
 
If it is a vermetid snail, it most definitely needs to be removed. You can try using bone cutters, but you need to get it at the base of the snail because that is where the snail lives. I have also heard of people closing off their exit holes with super glue.
 
Crush it quickly to the base. Super glue doesn't kill them they just dig a new hole.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new