Red Sea 170 Stocking Ideas

ReefAir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my red sea 170 stocked with a hammer coral garden & zoa garden along with two scolys on the sand bed. I'm planning on getting some fish in soon & was hoping for some ideas. I have a list in mind which I'll share below but I'd like to hear other recommendations & fish that I haven't thought of.

System: 33G Display - 9G Sump - Total: 43G

Stocking Idea:
- 2x Premium Picasso Clownfish
- 1x Mandarin Dragonet - (planning on getting a captive bred one but I currently have 8 jars of copepods in my tank & feeding them phytoplankton)
- 1x Melanurus Wrasse
- 1x Yellow Watchman Goby
1664129917512.png

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my red sea 170 stocked with a hammer coral garden & zoa garden along with two scolys on the sand bed. I'm planning on getting some fish in soon & was hoping for some ideas. I have a list in mind which I'll share below but I'd like to hear other recommendations & fish that I haven't thought of.

System: 33G Display - 9G Sump - Total: 43G

Stocking Idea:
- 2x Premium Picasso Clownfish
- 1x Mandarin Dragonet - (planning on getting a captive bred one but I currently have 8 jars of copepods in my tank & feeding them phytoplankton)
- 1x Melanurus Wrasse
- 1x Yellow Watchman Goby
1664129917512.png

I like your list.

Your other fish are also going to love pods, so I culture pods in a beverage container to replenish tank daily to ensure my mandarin is always getting enough food.

My ideas came from other people's ideas, and this contains link(s) back to R2R as I can't take credit for creating the lazy pod method:

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way on the wrasse. I had one that was over 4 inches and swam all over a 6 ft tank. I'm running a reefer 170 and no way I would think of putting one in there. If you have sand be ready to have the goby bury the corals on the bottom, it just something they do.

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way on the wrasse. I had one that was over 4 inches and swam all over a 6 ft tank. I'm running a reefer 170 and no way I would think of putting one in there. If you have sand be ready to have the goby bury the corals on the bottom, it just something they do.
+1 I agree maybe a smaller wrasse?

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on the dragonets sand moving but my YWG doesn’t move much sand on his own

Maybe more swimming space and flow for wrasse if it is on the bigger side?

Back