Red Sea Max 250 Modernized

I got one a two years ago and converted it to topless. Upgraded the skimmer and added a media basket too. Great little tank
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 125
I got one a two years ago and converted it to topless. Upgraded the skimmer and added a media basket too. Great little tank
Please post a video or instructions on how you took the hood completely off lol I'm very much debating doing to same! Lol
 
I just took the pins out to get the hood off then used a saw to saw off where the top rim starts on both sides till I got to the glass then lifted it off. It’s held in by silicone. Then used a razor to scrape the left over off the glass
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new