Red sea reef dose!

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefBeat app is ok as long as you have stable WiFi. If your WiFi goes out for any reason all sorts of annoying things happen. Mostly from the devices not reconnecting correctly, not necessarily the app itself.

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefBeat app is ok as long as you have stable WiFi. If your WiFi goes out for any reason all sorts of annoying things happen. Mostly from the devices not reconnecting correctly, not necessarily the app itself.
Will the devices still maintain their programming?

burningedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the review by Reef Builders on this. Anyone else have a take now that they've been out for a bit?

Shawn2122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased one of these and only two weeks in there are issues with the ReefBeat and connectivity. Now all of a sudden the wifi light on the device doesn't work. This product is worthless without the ability to connect. I will be contacting Redsea tomorrow!. Buyer beware!

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased one of these and only two weeks in there are issues with the ReefBeat and connectivity. Now all of a sudden the wifi light on the device doesn't work. This product is worthless without the ability to connect. I will be contacting Redsea tomorrow!. Buyer beware!
Man, don't say that...i just kicked out $250 lastnight for the two head version from BRS...should be arriving on Monday...adding it to my Neptune DoS aquascape...

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, don't say that...i just kicked out $250 lastnight for the two head version from BRS...should be arriving on Monday...adding it to my Neptune DoS aquascape...
I have the 2 head version. Works well. I’ve had zero connection issues and app works awesomely. The only issues I had was a faulty head, but contacted Red Sea and they sent me a new one. Works no issues now.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 2 head version. Works well. I’ve had zero connection issues and app works awesomely. The only issues I had was a faulty head, but contacted Red Sea and they sent me a new one. Works no issues now.
Good to hear that the Red Sea folks reacted on that...

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the 4 head on line for about three weeks now and has been working flawlessly. I really like that it keeps track of remaining additive and will send you an alert at the remaining value of your choice. I don't use all clear dosing containers so that's a great feature. Their app is a little finicky with connectivity if you have weak Wifi. I have a LED50 on the same app for over a year and have only had one issue where I lost Wifi for a few days and the light stayed on overnight. I just unplugged the light and plugged it in; problem solved. I've lost Wifi a few times for a few hours as Xfinity has been working on their equipment and have no issues. And it's definitely better than the Kessil App ;Vomit

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the 4 head on line for about three weeks now and has been working flawlessly. I really like that it keeps track of remaining additive and will send you an alert at the remaining value of your choice. I don't use all clear dosing containers so that's a great feature. Their app is a little finicky with connectivity if you have weak Wifi. I have a LED50 on the same app for over a year and have only had one issue where I lost Wifi for a few days and the light stayed on overnight. I just unplugged the light and plugged it in; problem solved. I've lost Wifi a few times for a few hours as Xfinity has been working on their equipment and have no issues. And it's definitely better than the Kessil App ;Vomit
Thats good to hear. I am actually going to replace my Kamora wifi with this one I just purchased a few months ago ONLY because it is a little loud. I will probably find another use for it.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good to hear. I am actually going to replace my Kamora wifi with this one I just purchased a few months ago ONLY because it is a little loud. I will probably find another use for it.
The single head Kamoer X1 Pro's I have are actually quieter than the Red Sea. The 4 head one you have must be much louder than mine are.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The single head Kamoer X1 Pro's I have are actually quieter than the Red Sea. The 4 head one you have must be much louder than mine are.
Funny I have both the Single and the 4 Head (Kamoera F4 and the X1 Wifi). The F4 is definitely Loud and the X1 is loud as well...I do have to admit...getting the Redsea Doser was an excuse for me to spend $$$...But by far, the favorite I am using is the Neptune doser...Now if they only made a 4 head variation....:cool:

Lp1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every time internet goes out for whatever reason it won't reconnect. you have delete and add again for it to reconnect. PITA but it does save programs.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back