Red Sea reefer cabinet doors

Han

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
598
Reaction score
741
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two reefer 350s and on both of them one door always sits out a tiny bit further than the other. It’s barely even noticeable but I’m a little ocd about this stuff so it kind of bothers me. On the cabinet pictured the right door sits flush against the stopper but on the left door it’s not quite flush. Anyone else have this problem or any solutions? Maybe I should I just stop letting something so minor bother me...

22894B24-D0E6-4B3D-B1DB-A6DDB68A32E6.jpeg 157084A6-8FD3-4FC8-9708-CF4728E5D5F8.jpeg
 
The hinges on the inside are adjustable. You’ll need to make 1/4 turns at a time to get them lined up properly
 
The hinges on the inside are adjustable. You’ll need to make 1/4 turns at a time to get them lined up properly

I tried that, but it only moved the doors up or down.
 
E82074A2-2F97-476C-9EC8-619D04221895.jpeg
 
Adjust the back screw that “kicks” the door in and out. Then you’ll have to fine tune with the front screws. If this doesn’t work, it’s possible that your doors are slightly warped. I’ve seen threads with people talking about that.
Your hinges are a little bit different than mine. The arm on my hinge comes out a little bit more than yours does.
 
Adjust the back screw that “kicks” the door in and out. Then you’ll have to fine tune with the front screws. If this doesn’t work, it’s possible that your doors are slightly warped. I’ve seen threads with people talking about that.

I tried that, it made it better than it was but it’s still off slightly. Probably just the door, it’s just odd that both my tanks seem to have the same issue.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new