Red Sea Reefer Version 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael_NL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Is there anyone that know these measurements? Between the sump and the right wall? And between the back wall to the hinge?
I don't have my Reefer 250 yet, but i would like to make a 3d model for a small "cabinet" inside my cabinet.

Would be great,
Thank you! :)
250sump.jpg

Zotch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Is there anyone that know these measurements? Between the sump and the right wall? And between the back wall to the hinge?
I don't have my Reefer 250 yet, but i would like to make a 3d model for a small "cabinet" inside my cabinet.

Would be great,
Thank you! :)
250sump.jpg

You have roughly 13 3/4 from sump to right wall (there is a 1 in high and 1/8 thick piece of foam on the lower right wall. I measure to wall not foam.) and 15 1/4 from back wall to back of hinge.

foam.jpg

Double Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup my Reefer 250! It is the V3 and I am a little confused. Do I have the skimmer in the right spot or do I need to move that forward and the fuge goes in the back? That green return hose will be clamped once I get my new return pump FYI.:)

IMG_0228.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup my Reefer 250! It is the V3 and I am a little confused. Do I have the skimmer in the right spot or do I need to move that forward and the fuge goes in the back? That green return hose will be clamped once I get my new return pump FYI.:)

IMG_0228.jpg

I prefer refugium after the skimmer- i would hope that the refugium is the frontmost chamber. Either way though I would put the refugium in the front, so you can easily moniter how it is doing. For the skimmer you just need rock see the cup :)

Man, I want a V3 sump for my reefer 350. I’m torn between whether it is worth it, or silly given my tank is already so happy xD

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer refugium after the skimmer- i would hope that the refugium is the frontmost chamber. Either way though I would put the refugium in the front, so you can easily moniter how it is doing. For the skimmer you just need rock see the cup :)

Man, I want a V3 sump for my reefer 350. I’m torn between whether it is worth it, or silly given my tank is already so happy xD

Do a custom or DIY, would probably be even better than V3

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a custom or DIY, would probably be even better than V3

Maybe, something that would easily fit klir roller filter. My tank does so well though, it is hard to justify the time and money to make a change like that.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My V3 525 showed up last week... built the whole stand besides putting the doors on last night, hoping to have the tank on top by the weekend just have to do some painting and show molding trim (since its probably NEVER moving). Sump is way bigger than I actually thought it was, which is a good thing!

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, something that would easily fit klir roller filter. My tank does so well though, it is hard to justify the time and money to make a change like that.

yea, like the famous quote, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock plumbing?? I haven’t done my manifold and stuff yet Bc well honestly I just wanted it up and running....

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you order just the V3 version sump? have a RS 250 and a RS 350 and would like to upgrade the sump
thak you

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure that at this time you can; I know you could when V2 came out. I would contact your nearest red sea distributor to find out.

NMreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you order just the V3 version sump? have a RS 250 and a RS 350 and would like to upgrade the sump
thak you

I have a new-in-box v3 sump for the 350. I would be willing to sell or trade it to you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back