Red Sea Reefer Version 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to go for $499 (e.g. from Fish Tanks Direct), so how about $250 + shipping from New Mexico. Sump is in original packing, never seen water.
im going to PM you thank you

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 525XL in the split chamber on the v3. Front is fuge and after skimmer? Or am I backwards here ?

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 525XL in the split chamber on the v3. Front is fuge and after skimmer? Or am I backwards here ?

Yes. There is a glass wall and you can set it up as a full fuge or half fuge. The full fuge is the depth of both sock chambers, and the half only one.

CaptiveBredFred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plywood cabinet with levelling feet (only applicable to XL425 & XL525 models)

Does the fact that they are updating the the cabinets from MDF to Plywood only on the XL models indicate there were stand issues with these models that only a change in material would fix?

Can you tell a difference?

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fact that they are updating the the cabinets from MDF to Plywood only on the XL models indicate there were stand issues with these models that only a change in material would fix?

Can you tell a difference?

I don't think the switch from MDF to Plywood had much to do with anything structural due to how the stands are constructed. It probably had more to do with the cost of shipping outweighing the cost difference between MDF and plywood , MDF is a much cheaper material but it also weighs considerably more. It's still a very heavy stand and unless you drill into it, your not going to tell the difference.

Gary Jaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the Reef Octopus VarioS-2. It's a tight fit, glad I didn't go bigger.

I have thought about installing the AutoAqua Smart ATO so I can bypass the float and raise the water level in the return pump chamber.
I just got a reply from BRS saying the Varios 4 would fit, so I ordered one. You think it won’t?

MistaPenguin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Varios 4 will fit. I was in between the 4 and 6 and ultimately went with the Varios 6 in my V3 RS250 since I wanted the extra power for reactors. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Varios pump. Additionally, it's super simple to setup with Apex if you decide to go down that rabbit hole.

Gary Jaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Varios 4 will fit. I was in between the 4 and 6 and ultimately went with the Varios 6 in my V3 RS250 since I wanted the extra power for reactors. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Varios pump. Additionally, it's super simple to setup with Apex if you decide to go down that rabbit hole.
I did go with the Varios-4 and it fits nicely and is very quiet, so much so that now my Nyos 120 seems too loud. Also just recieved that Apex, so have to research how to add the Varios to it....

Thom24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my Red Sea 350v3 this week, new to the hobby and all went together very nicely. Agree about accessing pump at the back can be cumbersome. It came with only 1 sock and a plastic strainer? Surprised. Slight trickling noise from socks... maybe need to raise sump level? Welcome advice...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back