Redbugs or something else?

StikHedRon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
931
Reaction score
171
Location
Central Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed on some of my Acros a bunch of very small red things scurrying around on my acros. I have seen pictures of red bugs and them seem yellow to me. these that I'm talking about are red and easily seen with the naked eye and you can see them moving around on the acro. Is this Red bugs or some sort of pod? I didn't notice them until I placed a bad of Doc's Eco Matter in the tank.
 
the red bugs i have seen are definately red and you can see them moving around if they are big enough. they also seemed kind of shiny.
 
I have just ordered some Interceptor spectrum just to be safe. I have noticed these things for a couple months now so better to be safe than sorry.
 
Red bugs are yellow with a red dot and can be seen with a naked eye.
 
Guys could you help me ID IF THIS IS RED BUGS. i already dipped it but I was not 100 percent that they were red jugs.
IMG_3211.JPG
 
The circle you made looks red...the rest, not so much...
 
So what do you think they are. They Deff crawling all over it. I was trying to send a vid but could not
 
Looks like a messerentrial filament kinda, not red bugs. Could be another kind of pod too, hard to see on the phone.
 
Looks like a messerentrial filament kinda, not red bugs. Could be another kind of pod too, hard to see on the phone.

I dipped it in insecticide but I’ll try to get better pics. Thanks for your reply though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new