OP
OP
bdouglas119

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran out of thin super glue to finish hiding the e Marcos cement but here is what the scape looks like as of now. I’ll finish it up once the additional glue arrives
6112F0BB-4BCC-4238-89FC-B36FA81CBFCA.jpeg
6CE8BABA-7DF2-4580-86D9-F0465AE80454.jpeg
33B6D6DB-EF68-4E01-BE43-AD96EEB1900F.jpeg

Erik-Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I followed BRS how to NSA video and the way Ive seen tidal gardens to it. Basically my approach was to use Thick CA glue and activator. In the spots with a lot of leverage against it, I then filled it with the dust/rubble and used very thin almost watery CA glue (this is how tidal gardens does the entire scape in their video) after all of that I went back and added E-Marcos Mortar. Im now in the process of covering the grey mortar with sand/dust to make it look natural again. But it should make it super strong
That overhang is ridiculously amazing! Something that I want to achieve in mine. I watched both the TD and BRS video and thought about doing a mixed approach as well. I have a Red Sea 900 that im in the process of getting it all set up, so Im following yours with great interest!

Erik-Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bdouglas119

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BTW not sure what youre doing with your return, but I saw these and am thinking about adding them to mine. It will upgrade the current returns with Loc-line - Great way to mix up the flow a little better!

Those look pretty interesting. I should have pretty random flow with 4 of the ReefWave 45’s but I may look into those in the future. I was super close to pulling the trigger on the 900. The timing just worked out really well that the S-1000 came out right when I was ready

OP
OP
bdouglas119

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea has been great throughout the process of getting a replacement shipment. They even went out of the way to send a little swag pack to make up for it. Had a couple hats, shirts, and water bottles. Very cool of them. Top notch service especially considering it was the freight company’s fault not theirs

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along — looking forward to seeing it on the stand!

how are the exterior stand panels?

it says on the site they are removable, so assuming they aren’t load bearing. But do they screw on the frame? Was hoping they might be magnetic but that seems unlikely...

OP
OP
bdouglas119

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along — looking forward to seeing it on the stand!

how are the exterior stand panels?

it says on the site they are removable, so assuming they aren’t load bearing. But do they screw on the frame? Was hoping they might be magnetic but that seems unlikely...
They are removable, they used threaded inserts in the sides removed with an Allen key. But the sump gets in the way of some of the fasteners

Pscha4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your build..... I can’t help but comment on how amazing the aquascape looks, great job! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many people did you need to lift the tank onto the stand?

did you use suction cups?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back