Reef biofuel maintenance dosage question

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For the maintenance dosage after youve reached ULNS using brightwell biofuel..............is it 5ml per 100 gallon daily??

how come ive seen some people only dose like 6-8 drops daily for like a 100 gallon tank?

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about a month of dosing, I cut my amount back to 1/2 the dosage that is on the bottle. It usually takes a month or so for this product to kick in, great product for my reef..

OP
OP
X

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
reefer how much biofuel are you dosing daily......and whats the total gallons u have in your system

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the maintenance dosage after youve reached ULNS using brightwell biofuel..............is it 5ml per 100 gallon daily??

how come ive seen some people only dose like 6-8 drops daily for like a 100 gallon tank?

Cause it will depend on the bioload every bioload is diffrent
and you have to be adjusting upto you get to teh sweet spot were you dont see cyano bacteria and you control your N and P

OP
OP
X

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
im not having too much problems........one of my favias......and one sps are starting to bleach.........No other sps or favia is having problems.........this is mainly due to the water being stripped of nutrients right? If so, should i stop dosing the carbon source or increase feeding/aminoacids

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct check your No3 And po4 if they are low and your not seeing cyano keep the dosage and you could start feeding more and using amino acid.
Try and do it to know how much you could feed and have control of the nutrients

Once you get that idea you could start dosing amino acid at half what the product says so you could clime were you see your corals coloring more

If you get your glasses durty thats when your overdosing and if you see the colors getting very dark its overdosing too

Last edited:

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing 20 ml every night. My total system gallons is right at 300 gallons..

What benefits are you seeing from using this product? What are the side effects if you overdose this product? Will corals die or will hair algae and cyanobacteria grow? Are you using MB7 as well?

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not really see much improvement with the MB-7 so I am not dosing it right now.. As for the Bio fuel, I really like it & will continue to use it. I have a VERY HIGH biolad & it really helps with nitrates & phosphates. All I am running for filtration is a kick butt skimmer & ozone...

Sr5_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the bottle says not to use this product without a skimmer. But on a 20g system if i do 5g wc so 25% do you think i can still use this product?

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the bottle says not to use this product without a skimmer. But on a 20g system if i do 5g wc so 25% do you think i can still use this product?

I dont think you will have problem just dont dose to much i know some people that are using it with out a skimmer and good results

But the skimmer is very importante cause its whats really exporting the nutrients

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not really see much improvement with the MB-7 so I am not dosing it right now.. As for the Bio fuel, I really like it & will continue to use it. I have a VERY HIGH biolad & it really helps with nitrates & phosphates. All I am running for filtration is a kick butt skimmer & ozone...

My suggestion is to use both as bacteria is also consumed and its what helps to dissolve your nutrientes so the skimmer could export it more easy

scotty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question

just to clarify for me...is there any reason people in ULNS setups are both feeding their corals -and- adding amino acids? isn't that like driving a car with two steering wheels? I am just wondering if anyone has empirical or anecdotal testing to show that one needs to feed corals protein substances made solely of amino acids *and dose the liquid form to their water column. wondering if this is a marketing trick just asking

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FYI U haven't seen any improvement with using the MB-7 due the fact that ozone wipes out the bacteria cultures . Ozone should not be used with a ULN or bac driven system .

HTH

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not running Ozone right now, been without it for a month or so... Trying to see what I like better, the bio fuel/MB-7 combo or Ozone....Leaning towards the Ozone... It just seems to make my skimmer so much better.

Back