Reef Casa Studio 12 Starter Kit

alexa08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on purchasing the Reef Casa Studio 12 aquarium kit.. Ive heard TONS of great reviews, however It come with 6lbs of dry aquarium sand and a bottle of bacteria.

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this kit and purchased live sand instead... IF you did that route, did you have to add the bottle of bacteria that is included in the kit or did you just use the live sand only.

please be kind.. i am new to this :):)
Studio-12-All-in-one-Aquarium-kit.jpeg

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While the bottle of bacteria is not necessary it will only help speed up your cycle. You can't really go wrong with adding additional bacteria.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had never used bottled bacteria before. I did however use fritz turbo start on a recent build and it was an instant cycle as far as removing ammonia and getting nitrates rising. After using it I would probably do so again. It's been less than a month and I already have some mollies and corals in and everything is doing well. So my vote it to use the bottled bac or buy some turbo start if what they include isn't reputable.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be a nice tank. Fragbox owner March is a stand up guy and wouldn't sell a garbage product.
I agree the bottled bac should be fine.

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on purchasing the Reef Casa Studio 12 aquarium kit.. Ive heard TONS of great reviews, however It come with 6lbs of dry aquarium sand and a bottle of bacteria.

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this kit and purchased live sand instead... IF you did that route, did you have to add the bottle of bacteria that is included in the kit or did you just use the live sand only.

please be kind.. i am new to this :):)
Studio-12-All-in-one-Aquarium-kit.jpeg
I think its a really good starter kit, youll probably outgrow it quickly if you like the hobby.
and if you are using Live sand from carib sea or something similar WITH bottled bacteria, it will prolong your cycle time.
I would stick to the dry rock and sand and use the bottled bacteria.
If you have a friend with an established CLEAN!!! tank, I would ask them to put a piece of media or rock in a place where there is no light and when youre cycling, place it in your tank.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its fine. Live sand is a waste of money unless it hasn't been dried since it left the ocean. I personally prefer other lights than the prime but its fine.

OP
OP
alexa08

alexa08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its fine. Live sand is a waste of money unless it hasn't been dried since it left the ocean. I personally prefer other lights than the prime but its fine.
I am going to go with a different light. I have heard good things about the Maxspect 65w

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back