Reef Crest Dropoff AIO Series - OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishnerd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That reefcrest 35 looks really good! I am sorry I missed the pre-order pricing.

I have noticed that on your website the whole reef crest line is priced $50 higher than what was set on pg1 of this thread.

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in a drop off that is 18w x 24d x 18h with no AIO system. Can you guys do that? Also, if I were to provide you with an overflow, could you install it?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that white one is def hot.

Thanks! We call it Imperial White.

That reefcrest 35 looks really good! I am sorry I missed the pre-order pricing.

I have noticed that on your website the whole reef crest line is priced $50 higher than what was set on pg1 of this thread.

They are. That pricing was based on pre-order and there have been a few small improvements made since making the price change necessary. However, I'd order quick because right now, along with that price increase, we are currently offering FREE SHIPPING to the Continental 48. In most cases, this would make the Reef Crest even less expensive than original pricing once you factor that part in. But don't wait too long, FREE SHIPPING is currently under Beta and may not last long!

I'm interested in a drop off that is 18w x 24d x 18h with no AIO system. Can you guys do that? Also, if I were to provide you with an overflow, could you install it?

Hi Pirate, thanks for the interest. We will send you a PM for further quote info. Thanks!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is!!! We couldn't be happier with this setup and the way it scaped. Even more coral was added post this video so new vid's will be coming soon. Let me tell you!! The RC35 does NOT disappoint with the extra 6" of width and length at all! The RC35 is definitely a jaw dropper that will steal attention in any room. The RC9 and RC17 are more compact and work as AWESOME desk/table/countertop tanks!!

A-A-ron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even mad you put a nanorazr on this tank. I love it. The 35 will be my next nano. Hats off gentlemen.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even mad you put a nanorazr on this tank. I love it. The 35 will be my next nano. Hats off gentlemen.

A-A-ron! Thanks for the compliments. We look forward to seeing what you do with your RC35....all the juicy details all the way down to your choice of lighting =).

Re the nanorazr. One of the senior partners didn't care for it either till he saw it over the tank in operation. Oddly, the nanorazr did not work well over the RC17, but does work well over the RC35 for our setup of mixed lps and softies. In fact, a huge variety of SPS would LOVE the high light and flow of the top shelf. If going SPS dominant in the system I'd of course get a bigger light.

With a good "high noon" style light schedule, where 100% white is only carried for a couple hours, the 70w nanorazr is keeping everything in our RC35...top and bottom...perfectly happy and content with the varying light levels. Even the zoas way down on the bottom, partially shaded by the overhanging cliff rock above, don't reach dramatically so long as they receive those few hours a day of the full power of the fixture. Further light conditioning will undoubtedly further improve coral happiness in our system as it matures. We couldn't be happier!

A-A-ron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be just the video of the light? I've seen one in person and it does lean towards the purple/warmer side of the spectrum. I would love to see the 35 with one centered 360we.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be just the video of the light? I've seen one in person and it does lean towards the purple/warmer side of the spectrum. I would love to see the 35 with one centered 360we.

I think it's just the video. In person the tank looks amazing and didn't really get the purple / warmer spectrum feel at all.

go29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent this question to artfully acrylic but figured posting here may also get some help. Question is about trying to make my current stand (has a 27 gallon cube on it) work for one of these AIO 35 gallons. here is question:

I'm stumped on what to do for a stand and wondering if you guys can offer some advice to this. Current stand was a custom built using 2x4's and then had a buddy who used to work at a counter supply shop get a nice slab of granite for the top of it (just rests across the top). I included a few picture so you can see what I'm talking about. Its all 2 x 4's (finished off with just cheap ply board to cover between each 2 x 4, and then a center brace, and then the granite slab sits on top of the whole thing (last picture is me under the stand looking up at bottom of granite). So my questioning is being that this slab of granite is only 26 in x 21 in I would need something bigger to support the 30 inch width of this RC 35. I am just finishing up medical school so no longer have access (or time unfortunately) to build a new stand as I'm working every day in the hospital and live in an apartment, but the current stand (structurally speaking) with the 2 x 4 's would obviously support the weight fine as most pre built stands from companies utilize particle board, I'm more curious if you have any suggestions on what to do for the top (where the tank would rest) that would allow me to have a 30 in tank. The current granite slab is just siting across the top of the 2 x 4's so I was thinking if I can find another cheap piece of granite that is 20 in X 30 inches, if just setting that across the top of the current stand (obviously remove the old granite slab) would allow me to not have to build a whole new stand. If not would just say like 3/4 inch plywood and staining it etc allow me to do this? Curious if those of you who know anything about stands would think that just extending the top surface would be safe, or if i need a much larger base (as in build all new 2 x 4 stand). Current base of stand itself is 25 in X 25in. Thanks for your help
IMG_6024.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't want the tank to hang over the top at all. You can get a nice 3/4" piece of wood from you hardware store and edge band it fairly easy. Should cost more than $30 or so.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent this question to artfully acrylic but figured posting here may also get some help. Question is about trying to make my current stand (has a 27 gallon cube on it) work for one of these AIO 35 gallons. here is question:

I'm stumped on what to do for a stand and wondering if you guys can offer some advice to this. Current stand was a custom built using 2x4's and then had a buddy who used to work at a counter supply shop get a nice slab of granite for the top of it (just rests across the top). I included a few picture so you can see what I'm talking about. Its all 2 x 4's (finished off with just cheap ply board to cover between each 2 x 4, and then a center brace, and then the granite slab sits on top of the whole thing (last picture is me under the stand looking up at bottom of granite). So my questioning is being that this slab of granite is only 26 in x 21 in I would need something bigger to support the 30 inch width of this RC 35. I am just finishing up medical school so no longer have access (or time unfortunately) to build a new stand as I'm working every day in the hospital and live in an apartment, but the current stand (structurally speaking) with the 2 x 4 's would obviously support the weight fine as most pre built stands from companies utilize particle board, I'm more curious if you have any suggestions on what to do for the top (where the tank would rest) that would allow me to have a 30 in tank. The current granite slab is just siting across the top of the 2 x 4's so I was thinking if I can find another cheap piece of granite that is 20 in X 30 inches, if just setting that across the top of the current stand (obviously remove the old granite slab) would allow me to not have to build a whole new stand. If not would just say like 3/4 inch plywood and staining it etc allow me to do this? Curious if those of you who know anything about stands would think that just extending the top surface would be safe, or if i need a much larger base (as in build all new 2 x 4 stand). Current base of stand itself is 25 in X 25in. Thanks for your help
IMG_6024.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG

Or we can just build you one they will fit the just right in the granite too you have. Would be a shame not to use that beautiful granite.

A white or black RC 35 with a granite top would look very slick!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!! We have been very busy keeping up with demand for the Reef Crest. We have had a few shipping hiccups along the way, but everyone is getting taken care of and we are almost caught up on capacity. Wonder why I've been missing some face time here on R2R? That's why =). We don't like to be behind and we want everyone to enjoy their Reef Crest as much as we are enjoying ours!!

Here's a few pictures of the new Premium ClearView Frame lids designed for the Reef Crest Series. These lids are above and beyond the original design and price point, but they are worth every penny! In fact, they have been so popular in our store that we are beginning to offer them to the masses as a custom production item for your own tank even if you aren't one of the lucky Reef Crest owners!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back