Reef Crest Dropoff AIO Series - OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured why not give everybody a quasi play by play :). Here's a few more pics as the rockscaping continues tonight.
8e2e82dfea28445a39b1cec8ac0583a9.jpg
81bc73812c0189d7b1b52fef77652a74.jpg
13ab7b9fa840363394004780d5cee3e5.jpg
99b5eaafe9708941cf87582ffa8e6b18.jpg
573b3b87d2c054ec7335e3155590eb88.jpg

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. You all know all about sand and cloudy water. But we rinsed the #$&! out of this sand and it still took several hours to clear. Booooo! So, all we can get up today is pics of the tanks live with rock. Pics with coral and fish to follow soon. But we have got to say....these look AMAZING!!! The scaping in the Reef Crest works out to be much easier than a standard tank. It's much easier to gain height and depth to the scape without any supporting elements like acrylic rod or eggcrate.

Real Reef Rock helps quite a bit as it "locks" together quite well and has a ton of crevices...so adding frags will be sooooo easy. Did I mention that it is Eco-Friendly, Reef Sustainable, and made right here in the USA just like the Reef Crest? Also, there is ZERO acrylic rod, epoxy, or coral glue used in the assembly of either of the rock scapes in these tanks. We think that should speak volumes all by itself!!

For those that wonder...the 9 gallon pico has approximately 4-5lbs of sand and 5-7lbs of rock. The 17 gallon nano has approximately 8-10lbs of sand and 9-11lbs of rock.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of stand are the tanks sitting on. Thanks for giving us a chance to see the tanks potential once filled.

Oh the stands.....well, the whole Reef Crest Series thus far has been designed to fit "standard" tank footprints. We will offer our own twist on a unique stand for this series FOR SURE. But, we also wanted people to have the opportunity to call upon the HUGE availability already available on the market. After all, everyone's tastes are different so we aren't trying to trap anyone into a mold of what we think they should use =).

We will show more of the stands in upcoming pictures, but in general...

The stand currently being used for the 9 gallon pico is a stand that fits a standard 10 gallon tank. This stand was bought for a whopping $39.99 at our local Petco.

The stand currently being used for th 17 gallon nano is a stand that fits a standard 20 gallon long or 30 gallon tank. This stand was bought for a whopping $59.99 at our local Petco.

We not only put a lot of thought into the design of the tanks. We put a lot of thought into the potential accessorization of the tanks on ALL fronts ;).

Last edited:

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the stands.....well, the whole Reef Crest Series thus far has been designed to fit "standard" tank footprints. We will offer our own twist on a unique stand for this series FOR SURE. But, we also wanted people to have the opportunity to call upon the HUGE availability already available on the market. After all, everyone's tastes are different so we aren't trying to trap anyone into a mold of what we think they should use =).

We will show more of the stands in upcoming pictures, but in general...

The stand currently being used for the 9 gallon pico is a stand that fits a standard 10 gallon tank. This stand was bought for a whopping $39.99 at our local Petco.

The stand currently being used for th 17 gallon nano is a stand that fits a standard 20 gallon long or 30 gallon tank. This stand was bought for a whopping $59.99 at our local Petco.

We not only put a lot of thought into the design of the tanks. We put a lot of thought into the potential accessorization of the tanks on ALL fronts ;).

Sounds great. Thank you for giving us the options. We can make it affordable or go all out and make it a work of art in any decor.

adestafi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw these tanks first hand yesterday- they're more amazing in person!!! Pictures don't do them justice!!

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. You all know all about sand and cloudy water. But we rinsed the #$&! out of this sand and it still took several hours to clear. Booooo! So, all we can get up today is pics of the tanks live with rock. Pics with coral and fish to follow soon. But we have got to say....these look AMAZING!!! The scaping in the Reef Crest works out to be much easier than a standard tank. It's much easier to gain height and depth to the scape without any supporting elements like acrylic rod or eggcrate.

Real Reef Rock helps quite a bit as it "locks" together quite well and has a ton of crevices...so adding frags will be sooooo easy. Did I mention that it is Eco-Friendly, Reef Sustainable, and made right here in the USA just like the Reef Crest? Also, there is ZERO acrylic rod, epoxy, or coral glue used in the assembly of either of the rock scapes in these tanks. We think that should speak volumes all by itself!!

For those that wonder...the 9 gallon pico has approximately 4-5lbs of sand and 5-7lbs of rock. The 17 gallon nano has approximately 8-10lbs of sand and 9-11lbs of rock.

I also want to make sure we highlight that the rock scape on both these tanks took about 20-30 minutes total! So easy to scape with the Real Reef Rock.

One of the rocks we cut with a table saw to notch it so it would latch onto the lip of the reef crest. From there it was simply it was simply stacking a few rocks, adding sand and boom done. We also make sure to leave plenty of room for corals.

Oh and the pictures are good but the depth of view you get when in person is amazing.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't quite have our appropriate lighting and aren't yet ready for full stock on the tanks, but we had a batch of xenia traded in at the store today so went ahead and added it to the RC17 so we could give you all at least a rough look of the flow dynamics in the tank after it's been stocked with rock.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we are talking! This video shows the ArtFully Acrylic Reef Crest Series AIO Nano (17 gallons) all fully setup with rock, sand, coral, and fish =). I can't stress how much more amazing this looks with Real Reef Rock than it would have with fresh white rock. Being Eco-Friendly and sustainable to boot makes it a no brainer.

Many people had concerns about how the flow would be at the bottom of the drop. As you can see, not an issue at all =). Note also, there are ZERO powerheads in this tank. Enjoy!!

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't quite have our appropriate lighting and aren't yet ready for full stock on the tanks, but we had a batch of xenia traded in at the store today so went ahead and added it to the RC17 so we could give you all at least a rough look of the flow dynamics in the tank after it's been stocked with rock.

Looks great! I would use black sand on the top and bottom shelf making the tank look infinitely deeper. The soft corals help show water movement. With the RC35 model I would have check valves installed on both pumps and have one or both of them set on a timer to help alternate the flow pattern in the tank.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I would use black sand on the top and bottom shelf making the tank look infinitely deeper. The soft corals help show water movement. With the RC35 model I would have check valves installed on both pumps and have one or both of them set on a timer to help alternate the flow pattern in the tank.

Thanks =). I agree that black sand will have a nice impact! The key with black though is keeping it clean ;). We intentionally stocked this tank with a variety of soft flowy corals for this very reason...display flow dynamics. As you can see...pretty darn good for a dropoff tank with no powerheads ;).

Check valves definitely are not necessary...unless you have coral in the top inch of the water level that you are worried about if the pumps cut off. Though I think maybe you mean ball valves? If this is what you meant, we use factory locline components so it would be easy to add a ball valve to each return output later if desired absolutely. This would make flow even more controllable than the flow control on the pump itself AND would put that control literally at your fingertips.

As for a timer for alternating flow...this is possible and would certainly be a nice alternative to powerheads (in the rare system that needs one), but some pumps will experience shorter life cycles with the constant on/off pattern. This is lessened when the on/off cycle is set at longer intervals however. There are a number of pumps available on the market currently that are designed specifically to handle these frequent on/off pulses. The stock pump is not designed specifically for frequent on/off cycle and we have not tested it for this purpose so we cannot say what impact these types of timers may have on them. To put that on a bright note however, the pumps are relatively inexpensive ;).

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a cool time lapse FTS of the RC17 - Reef Crest Series AIO from us right here at ArtFully Acrylic & Incredible Corals.

WARNING: The Chromis' in this video definitely look like they are on something. May make you feel dizzy or motion sick if susceptible to such things.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks =). I agree that black sand will have a nice impact! The key with black though is keeping it clean ;). We intentionally stocked this tank with a variety of soft flowy corals for this very reason...display flow dynamics. As you can see...pretty darn good for a dropoff tank with no powerheads ;).

Check valves definitely are not necessary...unless you have coral in the top inch of the water level that you are worried about if the pumps cut off. Though I think maybe you mean ball valves? If this is what you meant, we use factory locline components so it would be easy to add a ball valve to each return output later if desired absolutely. This would make flow even more controllable than the flow control on the pump itself AND would put that control literally at your fingertips.

As for a timer for alternating flow...this is possible and would certainly be a nice alternative to powerheads (in the rare system that needs one), but some pumps will experience shorter life cycles with the constant on/off pattern. This is lessened when the on/off cycle is set at longer intervals however. There are a number of pumps available on the market currently that are designed specifically to handle these frequent on/off pulses. The stock pump is not designed specifically for frequent on/off cycle and we have not tested it for this purpose so we cannot say what impact these types of timers may have on them. To put that on a bright note however, the pumps are relatively inexpensive ;).

I was definitely thinking of a "ball check valve" to prevent back siphoning of the water if one of the pumps were to turn on and off in the rc35 model. Definitely agree that keep the acrylic clean is important to give the visual depth.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was definitely thinking of a "ball check valve" to prevent back siphoning of the water if one of the pumps were to turn on and off in the rc35 model. Definitely agree that keep the acrylic clean is important to give the visual depth.

Ahhhh, I see your intent. Ok =). Sounds good!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get the CAD details of the 35 gallon tank?
plus shipping to 95757

thaks
Bryan

Hi Bryan! We will get CAD details up on the RC35 soon. Got slowed down a bit there trying to get all Signature Series AIO order's met and out in time for most to receive before Christmas =).

Shipping details are available on our website through your shopping cart. The RC35 to Elk Grove CA (we are on East Coast outside DC) is about $118.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back