Reef Crest Dropoff AIO Series - OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to see one stocked.

Us too! We have two demo models waiting for their rock and some other equipment to come in then they will be fully setup with livestock as well from our sister store Incredible Corals =). We will be taking PLENTY of pics and video for all of you! Rock doesn't get in till Friday so we can't start scaping without that ;). We have other equipment that will take longer than Friday to get here, but the rock will get us started.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful tanks and great work!! also really like what you did on the signature AIO. really wish I would have swooped one at the intro rate, even if I didnt need it, now Im thinking it would make the perfect full time QT.

keep it up, and cant wait to see what you put out next

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool to have commercially available like this! The design looks great. I'm assuming by your business name that you're acrylic only? If approached, would you supply to Canada?

Sorry Myka, we missed this part of your message earlier. Thanks for the compliments. We are only acrylic focused....for now =). We would be happy to supply to Canada. Approach away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These drop-off tanks look awesome!

Thanks!!!!

Would the 6 gallon be suited for an invert and softie tank?

Assuming you are talking about the 9 gallon pico model (front display area is about 6.5gal, full volume with rear chamber is about 9 gallons). Of course!! It would be an excellent invert and softie tank. A ferrari red Reef Crest 9 with a blood red fire shrimp would be stunning. Then again, a black wrap will really keep the color attention inside the tank ;).

Run an overhanging rock ledge over the dropoff lip and you may just give your shrimp the perfect hang out spot. They love hanging out upside down =). Softies, you name it, so so many options that will do great in there. Whats more, I highly highly highly doubt you will ever think about adding a powerhead to the system with softies being your coral focus. There will be plenty of flow provided straight out of the box.

Most softies are also going to be more parameter swing tolerant and will generally like the more "nutrient rich" environment they will find in a small system. Of course it's very possible to have amazing small systems successfully with sensitive SPS, good stable parameters, and low nutrients....it just takes more experience and usually more equipment.

A softie tank with a variety of mushrooms and zoas would keep you quite busy and could make a rainbow jealous.

beautiful tanks and great work!! also really like what you did on the signature AIO. really wish I would have swooped one at the intro rate, even if I didnt need it, now Im thinking it would make the perfect full time QT.

keep it up, and cant wait to see what you put out next

Thank you very much! A Signature Series AIO would certainly make a great QT. The versatility with the rear chamber setup and the high flow through rate would work well for a system going through cycles of medicating and then carbon stripping. And you got the space for mechanical poly pad filtration and easy swap out. Makes for quick and easy maintenance!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!!!
Thank you very much! A Signature Series AIO would certainly make a great QT. The versatility with the rear chamber setup and the high flow through rate would work well for a system going through cycles of medicating and then carbon stripping. And you got the space for mechanical poly pad filtration and easy swap out. Makes for quick and easy maintenance!

Thats exactly what I was thinking. simple, compact, easy to access etc.
Sure, i can get by with my 20G high, with HOB filter. However, since my 120 is just restarted, I can see quite a bit of QT in my near future...so Im thinking of just keeping a cycled tank up and running for all new additions. itd be the receiving/QT tank, and then it'd be the AIO nano in the bedroom. ;)

now I just have to wait for the next sale. lol

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jlobes , I like your style of thinking ;)....it's "just a QT honey" then before you know it, it finds it's way onto a dresser or nightstand in the bedroom.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jlobes , I like your style of thinking ;)....it's "just a QT honey" then before you know it, it finds it's way onto a dresser or nightstand in the bedroom.

exactly! but honestly, its a great looking tank and my first thought was that it would make a great lil bedroom tank, like I need more tanks! ;)
but then, i started thinking that an AIO would probably make the best QT, and then after(6-9 months) I would have a super cool tank to set up.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Myka, we missed this part of your message earlier. Thanks for the compliments. We are only acrylic focused....for now =). We would be happy to supply to Canada. Approach away.

I'm not a retailer or wholesaler, but I like the tank and think it would sell well here. The price looks good in American dollars - though you have to tack on 37% right now for the exchange rate to Canada, plus shipping, and import taxes. :eek: I'll point it out to a few people though and see if they're interested. :)

Artfully Acrylic and Incredible Corals are the same company. Just two different divisions but all the same owners and same location even in Manassas, VA.

Ah ok. I was thinking it was an awfully rude comment if there was no affiliation! o_O

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a retailer or wholesaler, but I like the tank and think it would sell well here. The price looks good in American dollars - though you have to tack on 37% right now for the exchange rate to Canada, plus shipping, and import taxes. :eek: I'll point it out to a few people though and see if they're interested. :)

Ah ok. I was thinking it was an awfully rude comment if there was no affiliation! o_O

Our pleasure Myka! We have received and are working on potential distribution in a few interested countries already. The dollar can make it challenging sometimes, but hey...value is in the eye of the consumer! I personally think they are worth the 37% bump for such a unique new industry innovation, but I'm a little biased I suppose lol. Let us know if you get a few people together with interest. We may be able to palletize and save on shipping at least to help you guys out some!

As for getting on that mean guy Steve next door at Incredible Corals...good on ya! No no, Steve and I have worked side by side for years now. He's a good guy too. But we SUPER love the community here that would have our backs so quickly like that if someone tried to move in on our turf :cool:

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are happy to get you a shipping quote if interested. Simply pm me the mailing address and we will get to work on thank. Thanks

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape on the Reef Crest pico took all over 10 minutes. Gotta love the shelf provided by the tank to get the instant high.

Also <3 this Real Reef Rock!

a6b0e91241cdabd94408e4ff30dbd552.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back