OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's difficult to say since there are so many variables. Did you change the type of food when you increased the coral feeding? It would be interesting to hear from some of the chemistry experts.
No. No real changes other than increasing the Reef Chili, and a bit more LRS Reef frenzy. But it just occurred to me that maybe when my nitrates started falling, that the phosphates did too. The PO4 that was bound up in the rockwork may have just caused it to kind of lag NO3 as it leached out of the rocks. What do you think?

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. No real changes other than increasing the Reef Chili, and a bit more LRS Reef frenzy. But it just occurred to me that maybe when my nitrates started falling, that the phosphates did too. The PO4 that was bound up in the rockwork may have just caused it to kind of lag NO3 as it leached out of the rocks. What do you think?
It's possible, but I honestly don't know. It will be interesting to see where the numbers level out at. Thanks again for sharing.

nudave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the diaper for a couple of months, and I love it. I use it as a filter cup - and put polyfill inside. Works like a charm.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Red Sea adapter available for sale? @Reef Diaper
I wanted to let everyone know that the custom flanges and adapters are now available on our website. They will enable the Reef Diaper to work with Red Sea and Trigger Systems sumps. The 7" adapter plates are also available.
https://reefdiaper.com/flanges-and-adapters/
The standard Reef Diaper flanges and filter elements are still being sold on Amazon. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review. I just ordered a starter kit to try them out. Basement will smell better since I have a lot of socks and wait till they are almost all dirty before washing so they just sit dirty in a bucket.
I completely understand. We use to keep the stinky socks in our garage. That's one of the reasons I started looking for a disposable solution.

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I wanted to let everyone know that the custom flanges and adapters are now available on our website. They will enable the Reef Diaper to work with Red Sea and Trigger Systems sumps. The 7" adapter plates are also available.
The standard Reef Diaper flanges and filter elements are still being sold on Amazon. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you! I decided to just order the normal ones for my smaller 40 gallon, and so far I changed one and it looks like it caught alot... it seems like it balloons up when filled with water underneath seems good :) Thank you! good luck, I think it's great

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I decided to just order the normal ones for my smaller 40 gallon, and so far I changed one and it looks like it caught alot... it seems like it balloons up when filled with water underneath seems good :) Thank you! good luck, I think it's great
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear the Reef Diaper is working so well for you.

It's normal for the Reef Diaper to expand as it collects waste and becomes clogged. This opens the pleats and exposes more surface area.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just checked this out and I think that this plate adapter for a Trigger 44 would eliminate the ability to extend the drain pipe down into the sock below the water line for noise elimination purposes. Is there any possibility to use reef diapers with a trigger sump without this plate that would still allow for a pipe extension from the bulkhead down into the sock to eliminate noise? Thanks.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just checked this out and I think that this plate adapter for a Trigger 44 would eliminate the ability to extend the drain pipe down into the sock below the water line for noise elimination purposes. Is there any possibility to use reef diapers with a trigger sump without this plate that would still allow for a pipe extension from the bulkhead down into the sock to eliminate noise? Thanks.
The three hole adapter plate is designed for Emerald, Sapphire and Amethyst sumps. It sounds like you might have a Triton44-v2. Is this correct? If the filter sock bores are round and 3-3/4" diameter, then you shouldn't need an adapter. Please measure your sump and confirm that the bores are round and not oval. Let me know what you find. Pictures would also be helpful.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm impressed. I don't change socks as often as I should. These things blew up like balloons. I'm like oh shoot they are gonna rupture and dump crap back into the sump when I pull them up out of the holder . I pulled them out of the holder slowly and allowed the water to drain back. Then turned them over to dump the pods back in and all was well.

Attachments

• 20220526_195019.jpg
    20220526_195019.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 36

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some very dirty diapers! The Reef Diaper material is very strong and doesn't degrade when submerged for extended periods of time. You should never have a problem with them rupturing. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The three hole adapter plate is designed for Emerald, Sapphire and Amethyst sumps. It sounds like you might have a Triton44-v2. Is this correct? If the filter sock bores are round and 3-3/4" diameter, then you shouldn't need an adapter. Please measure your sump and confirm that the bores are round and not oval. Let me know what you find. Pictures would also be helpful.
I thought I responded to this but it looks like I forgot.
Yes I have the Triton 44v2 and it takes standard 4 inch socks.
Screenshot_20220520-182503_Gallery.jpg

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I responded to this but it looks like I forgot.
Yes I have the Triton 44v2 and it takes standard 4 inch socks.
Screenshot_20220520-182503_Gallery.jpg
The seal is flexible on the Reef Diaper but the flange assembly is rigid. I don't know if it will slide past the protrusions on the sock holders. I will work on getting an answer for you. Has any other member used the Reef Diaper with a Triton sump?

Morpheosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seal is flexible on the Reef Diaper but the flange assembly is rigid. I don't know if it will slide past the protrusions on the sock holders. I will work on getting an answer for you. Has any other member used the Reef Diaper with a Triton sump?
If it helps, I have the Triton 34 and I've been using the diapers for a couple of months. Initially I didn't think they would fit with the pipe extended but I found that there is a bit of a trick where you can slide the diaper flange up the pipe at an angle then rotate it and eventually it hits a skinnier spot on the flange that lets it get up over the holder in the sump, then it seats very nice and snug in the holder. To get it out, just reverse the process - lift it at an angle and rotate it until it drops down past the holder and slide it off the pipe. It's not super intuitive, but once you figure it out, it works just fine - no force required to slip it past if you rotate it until you find the sweet spot where it fits.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps, I have the Triton 34 and I've been using the diapers for a couple of months. Initially I didn't think they would fit with the pipe extended but I found that there is a bit of a trick where you can slide the diaper flange up the pipe at an angle then rotate it and eventually it hits a skinnier spot on the flange that lets it get up over the holder in the sump, then it seats very nice and snug in the holder. To get it out, just reverse the process - lift it at an angle and rotate it until it drops down past the holder and slide it off the pipe. It's not super intuitive, but once you figure it out, it works just fine - no force required to slip it past if you rotate it until you find the sweet spot where it fits.
Thank you so much for sharing. That's exactly the answer we needed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back