reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I'm looking at it with just 1 resistor & I don't see how it would work. If there's only a single resistor, wouldn't it pull both float switch inputs to ground even if only one of them triggered?
Scheme.jpg

See how S1 is wired, float switch can be wired same way. This is enough for addressing floating ground. The other resistor provide safety from cases where the input (S1) has power (by accident). this is highly unlikey in your case i.e. you are unlikely to plugin something that has power (say a dc power supply ) in the ato sensor connector.

This is my primitive understanding :) , i'll let others chime in.

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scheme.jpg

See how S1 is wired, float switch can be wired same way. This is enough for addressing floating ground. The other resistor provide safety from cases where the input (S1) has power (by accident). this is highly unlikey in your case i.e. you are unlikely to plugin something that has power (say a dc power supply ) in the ato sensor connector.

This is my primitive understanding :) , i'll let others chime in.

Ohhhhhh, I see what you're saying. I thought you meant I didn't need 2 10k ohm resistors. Yeah, I figured the 1k resistor was a bit extra, but felt it was worth including.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any success using an older Apple device (ios9) to access the reefpi website? I was all excited that I found my old iPad mini 1. It’s the perfect size to use as a screen on my stand for reefpi. I got it all cleaned up and safari refuses to load the webpage. I tried both http and https and it just loads to a white page. I can use the iPad to get to any other webpage, Facebook, YouTube, etc just not reefpi. VNC works but that’s a pain. I also tried several other web browser from the App Store and all the same just loads to a white page.

BenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have https enabled type the whole adress:

For the xxx use the ip adress of your pi.

Make sure that you use the correct ip, when dhcp is enabled in your router it is possible your pi got a different ip adess

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Type of the device shouldn't matter as it's a standard http/https web UI. As long as it has a browser it should be able to access. As BenB mentioned, I would double check the internal/local IP of your reef pi as router DHCP can and likely will assign a different ip unless you have one reserved/specified in the DHCP table.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention, I can get to the pi webpage on any device accept the older iPad. So I know the ip and address works. I’m wondering if maybe the pi webserver uses some sort of script not supported by older apple web browser? Or maybe I will instead of the IP address try the local name. I think I recall sometime back Simeon was having issue on an apple device and had to use a different format for the address.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention, I can get to the pi webpage on any device accept the older iPad. So I know the ip and address works. I’m wondering if maybe the pi webserver uses some sort of script not supported by older apple web browser? Or maybe I will instead of the IP address try the local name. I think I recall sometime back Simeon was having issue on an apple device and had to use a different format for the address.
That’s definitely possible. Let’s take baby steps for debugging this. Did you update the iOS on this device ? If possible install google chrome and try that as well. Use incognito mode or private mode and try to access the website from there.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s definitely possible. Let’s take baby steps for debugging this. Did you update the iOS on this device ? If possible install google chrome and try that as well. Use incognito mode or private mode and try to access the website from there.

It’s the most recent iOS available for the mini 1 which is 9.3.6. Unfortunately chrome and firefox are not supported in iOS 9 so they won’t even install from the App Store. I did download a few different browsers but they all did the same thing. I just tried in private mode and get the same result. It says something along the lines of untrusted cert.. you hit continue anyway and the progress bar loads then stops at a blank white screen. No password Dialog box. I also tried https://MyReef.local and it loads like you would expect but finishes on a white screen again. I get the same result not using SSL.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modelling the new enclosure for my reef-pi 2.0 DB9 based power controller. This is a pi 3 A, one lm2596, db9 connector, power button, temp and ato sensor (audio jack) based build. The mock components inside the enclosure is only there to create proper mounting holes, space consideration. Blender is pretty awesome. I have notched up my design little bit by adding bevels in all corener, it gives smoother edges and improves 3d printing experience (less warping) .

Screenshot from 2019-09-28 21-18-27.png

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have https enabled type the whole adress:

For the xxx use the ip adress of your pi.

Make sure that you use the correct ip, when dhcp is enabled in your router it is possible your pi got a different ip adess

This just saved a me a reload. After I clicked HTTPS and then it would give the logon screen and was unable to click the login.
OH yeah, I am starting a Zero W build right now. Got 13 new frags from Aquashella so I will be starting to geek out as well... cannot sleep, but I can type and get this working.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tinkering with the enclosure designs, adding a new set of brackets for mounting.
4A677335-3702-4ABA-953D-47877BD4DDCB.jpeg

Once deployed , it will hold the enclosure like this
424D39E5-9197-4EDA-AB42-FD8E259D9A75.jpeg

Making it easy to change or handle the controller. I’m curious if it’s better to have the left and right side separate or have a single part bracket instade?

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the print bed dimensions of that box? I only have a claim delta regular, I think Santa is coming this year with a new prusa...

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the print bed dimensions of that box? I only have a claim delta regular, I think Santa is coming this year with a new prusa...
120mm X 70mm X 45mm , printed on ender 3.

Amen to Santa bringing Prusa :) . I am extremely happy with my Ender 3. In fact I think I may get a CR10 , and run all the big not-fine-detail prints there with 0.8mm nozzle. Most parts can be printed in couple of hours.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't suppose anyone has a link to a good build thread where reef pi is used with LDDs to control a custom led lighting setup?

Dont have a guide or anything, but I just picked up some radion clone pucks (delivered in a week or two), individual leds, Steve's and corolux driver boards, heatsink, psu and drivers. Intent is to control them via reef pi. I'll let you know if and how I get it working or burn my house down.

PaulJ2303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i ask any of you guys who have experience with doser pumps using a pca9685 to drive to take a look at my build thread in order to help me along:

Ive been following @AquaRaider44 excellent build thread and have tried to get a Jebao dp3s doser pump working via a pwm board (pca9685) and i'm a bit stuck.

I'm hoping @Michael Lane sees this as well as youve helped me a lot.

I guess i'm just not very technically minded ;Blackeye

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. so ive been quite busy and havent touched my controller. it has been churning away for a few months. I FINALLY ordered my 2nd ADJ outlet strip which will install this week hopefully. Plans to mount under the thank above the sump and then will completely take the OLD Archon offline. it has been hanging on like a dead Russian space station. Non-accessible. Randomly having to reboot. As i already have the hardware to control the 2nd power bar it should be all plug and play. Cannot wait to clean it up.

Also, I am slowly moving away from my Jebao pumps to the Current UPS Eflux pumps. I like their controller and it seems to work as needed. I picked up one of they reef lights BNIB at a local bargin hunt for $18 so I may swap that into my fuge. Maybe.

anyways I need to update my reef-pi software to get up to date.

just a dumb question, is there now a process to allow for export of DB to a PC and upload backup DB from file?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. so ive been quite busy and havent touched my controller. it has been churning away for a few months. I FINALLY ordered my 2nd ADJ outlet strip which will install this week hopefully. Plans to mount under the thank above the sump and then will completely take the OLD Archon offline. it has been hanging on like a dead Russian space station. Non-accessible. Randomly having to reboot. As i already have the hardware to control the 2nd power bar it should be all plug and play. Cannot wait to clean it up.

Also, I am slowly moving away from my Jebao pumps to the Current UPS Eflux pumps. I like their controller and it seems to work as needed. I picked up one of they reef lights BNIB at a local bargin hunt for $18 so I may swap that into my fuge. Maybe.

anyways I need to update my reef-pi software to get up to date.

just a dumb question, is there now a process to allow for export of DB to a PC and upload backup DB from file?
Just scp the file from the pi to anyplace you want. With the exact reef-pi version installed, It should be sufficient to exactly reproduce your controller (with the exact configuration )

Smin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have a guide or anything, but I just picked up some radion clone pucks (delivered in a week or two), individual leds, Steve's and corolux driver boards, heatsink, psu and drivers. Intent is to control them via reef pi. I'll let you know if and how I get it working or burn my house down.
Thanks I look forward to it. Try not to burn the house down!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back