reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

adityaduggal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I forgot to ask is there a specific way to upgrade from v2.5 to v3.0 since last time I installed v3.0 over v2.5 I had met with errors since I know there are many changes in the database and hence I would like to know what is the safest way to upgrade from v2.5 to v3.0, I was searching for wiki on github on the same but could not find one.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed a glitch in the Matrix. It might be related to the temp probe issues in 3.0, maybe not.

I set up a temp probe and it was working. I then went to set up Temp Control, which worked. I as the control temp was low, it turned the heater on as it should. I then decided I shouldn't be leaving it on during testing, so I disabled the sensor. Reef-pi disabled the sensor in Temp Control, but left the heater in the on position.

Surely it would be safer to turn the heater off? ie have the item controlled by a control system default to off if major changes are made to the control system?

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, was testing the ATO and noticed that the ATO usage graphs are monitoring the control pump usage and not related to the float switch status, as the graph doesn't update if i set the control pump to none while the float switch is on.
this will not send alerts if there is outlet failure at the level of the relay for example, is it possible to set the graphs to monitor the float switch status and not the control pump, thanks for all the support.

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I forgot to ask is there a specific way to upgrade from v2.5 to v3.0 since last time I installed v3.0 over v2.5 I had met with errors since I know there are many changes in the database and hence I would like to know what is the safest way to upgrade from v2.5 to v3.0, I was searching for wiki on github on the same but could not find one.

IIRC, there is no direct upgrade path that will maintain your configuration. I think I had to create a fresh install and re-create my setup.

sfgabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, was testing the ATO and noticed that the ATO usage graphs are monitoring the control pump usage and not related to the float switch status, as the graph doesn't update if i set the control pump to none while the float switch is on.
this will not send alerts if there is outlet failure at the level of the relay for example, is it possible to set the graphs to monitor the float switch status and not the control pump, thanks for all the support.
I would also like to see this. At the moment I have a dummy control pump set on a pin that is not used, so I can get alerts about it.

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to do some more investigating tonight, but I'm having trouble with the temperature probes. I got it all set so they work, I set them up (one ambient, two in tank), and it all seems okay, showing charts in celcius, and one of them controlling the heater outlet...seems great.
Then an hour or so later, I stop getting data from them and the dropdown to pick a sensor is an empty list. It seems repeatable that when I reboot (or hard power cycle) the pi, then I can reconfigure them and everything's okay again...until it's not.

any ideas?
pi4 2GB, ML 'goby' hat, running reef-pi 2.5, ADJ power strip and three amazon temp sensors soldered to ML's JST connectors.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to do some more investigating tonight, but I'm having trouble with the temperature probes. I got it all set so they work, I set them up (one ambient, two in tank), and it all seems okay, showing charts in celcius, and one of them controlling the heater outlet...seems great.
Then an hour or so later, I stop getting data from them and the dropdown to pick a sensor is an empty list. It seems repeatable that when I reboot (or hard power cycle) the pi, then I can reconfigure them and everything's okay again...until it's not.

any ideas?
pi4 2GB, ML 'goby' hat, running reef-pi 2.5, ADJ power strip and three amazon temp sensors soldered to ML's JST connectors.
There is an issue with 3.0 Beta with the temp probes. Mine are doing the same and others have reported the same. They are working on the problem.

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an issue with 3.0 Beta with the temp probes. Mine are doing the same and others have reported the same. They are working on the problem.
I'm on 2.5, but when I got settled back in after the kid's bedtime tonight, I find that it's apparently okay... huh?
I swear last night it was not okay (showing no sensors available, etc) and all day, I saw in adafruit.io there was no telemetry coming in. There's still no telemetry, but the server is showing temp data when I look directly...weird...not sure what to make of it.

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to see this. At the moment I have a dummy control pump set on a pin that is not used, so I can get alerts about it.
That would be fine if i use one FS but i actually need 4
1 high-low FS for ATO
2 one fir return pump safety
3 one for ATO reservoir water level
4 last one for a DIY overflow box monitoring and secondary pump activation
I was planning one keeping the actual control for the original setups that are working fine and use reef pi for monitoring and alert functions

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

any ideas?
The temperature sensor is visible in the raspbian? If its not detected underneath, reer-pi will not show it,

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recall 3-4 instances, but only one was a bug that i can recall related to the current reading in UI not up to date. The missing sensor thing i could not reproduce. couple the reported ones were complicated by sensor interference due to some other device , one of the led light, one bad heater. I am thinking about what the best way to address this, susceptibility on the sensor side, but nothing from software perspective

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on 2.5, but when I got settled back in after the kid's bedtime tonight, I find that it's apparently okay... huh?
I swear last night it was not okay (showing no sensors available, etc) and all day, I saw in adafruit.io there was no telemetry coming in. There's still no telemetry, but the server is showing temp data when I look directly...weird...not sure what to make of it.
.. just sending data to adafruit.io is broken or the temperature controller itself is not working?

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No error in the logs? or in ui ? like missing sensor
Some error, but I took it resolved itself somewhere between about 24hrs ago and 4 hours ago, I'll give a look in the morning. Good thing the heater defaults to on or I'd be freaking out

Screenshot_20191107-225610_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191107-225555_Chrome.jpg

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some error, but I took it resolved itself somewhere between about 24hrs ago and 4 hours ago, I'll give a look in the morning. Good thing the heater defaults to on or I'd be freaking out

Not much tonight except b inside adafruit url errors. The drop-down is apparently empty, but it was working a couple hours ago

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recall 3-4 instances, but only one was a bug that i can recall related to the current reading in UI not up to date. The missing sensor thing i could not reproduce. couple the reported ones were complicated by sensor interference due to some other device , one of the led light, one bad heater. I am thinking about what the best way to address this, susceptibility on the sensor side, but nothing from software perspective

OK. I will try replicate what happened to me and report back. I'm busy building the system, but as I recall, fist sensor added fine, second one as well. When I added the third, the first disappeared, then the second disappeared, leavingme with only the third in the dashboard.

I will delete all my tests and start over and report back.

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a bug, when you calibrate temp in 3.0 beta it stays calibrated till you reload pi, After reloads it drops to previous initial value.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, as I suspected I think raspbian is not detecting the sensor

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back