reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

FuzzeWuzze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that circuit will put out a 0-10v analog signal so just need a few components.
Didnt realize you already did all the work with Robo-Tank, considering the Ezo is $40 alone the deluxe board is a crazy deal. Was going to be getting a Apex Lite locally for 175 until I realized it couldnt do 0-10V. Now i'm getting 8 power ports and basically a full Apex after I solder everything you give and plug my existing Ph sensor in. Cheers you just saved me tons of $$ and time :D

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dedicated field/actual volume calculation would be nice for sure, but in the meantime, why don't you use the name field for that? My carbonate doser channel isn't called "Alkalinity", it's called "Alkalinity 2s@33%=0.2ml"
I have a spreadsheet that I use to fiddle with Dosing. I add all my calibration test data to get to what speed I want the doser to run and then I have a separate page to work out my timing for doses.

In Calibration, I think it would be nice to be able to do a couple of calibration tests (or even just one) so that you can tell reef-pi that X seconds at Y% speed = Zml. Then you can set your speed to the Y value and then specify all your doses in ml. I originally thought it might be nice to have say a 3-point calibration test, but I realised calibration might not be linear across the speed range, so setting it at one specific speed is probably better. Maybe have the calibration test enter the speed value, so there is less chance of getting that wrong?

drm2215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef-Pi people,
If I set up each channel of my my Kessil A160WE as separate lights instead of a two channel light will I be able to show the cycles on the dash board?
Thanks

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef-Pi people,
If I set up each channel of my my Kessil A160WE as separate lights instead of a two channel light will I be able to show the cycles on the dash board?
Thanks
No. Currently reef-pi dashboard does not support multi channel light dashboard. If you model individual channel as independent light , you can get charts for diurnal and couple of other profiles

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt realize you already did all the work with Robo-Tank, considering the Ezo is $40 alone the deluxe board is a crazy deal. Was going to be getting a Apex Lite locally for 175 until I realized it couldnt do 0-10V. Now i'm getting 8 power ports and basically a full Apex after I solder everything you give and plug my existing Ph sensor in. Cheers you just saved me tons of $$ and time :D
Good to hear, instead of pricing by the features I went by cost, components are cheap so why not give as much as possible.

Gav0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to ask but I've been reading and reading and can't find an answer. I'm trying to add pca9685 driver and keep getting "I/o error http 500" what are solutions?? I2cdetect is showing the board

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to ask but I've been reading and reading and can't find an answer. I'm trying to add pca9685 driver and keep getting "I/o error http 500" what are solutions?? I2cdetect is showing the board
Welcome to r2r. Can you share what you see in i2c detect and the driver configuration for pca9685 ?

marekd1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,

Thank you for adding the MQTT support . I am having issues when I enable and configure it. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I have same results across 3 separate Reef-Pi's

The Mosquito server is working fine, I have about 60 devices talking over MQTT, just can't get the Reef-Pi to communicate.

Any ideas....

Thanks Mark

MQTT issue.JPG

marekd1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,

One more question, any idea on timeline for implementing additional I/O specifically inputs ? While ago you were mentioning adding support for MCP23017.

BenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,

One more question, any idea on timeline for implementing additional I/O specifically inputs ? While ago you were mentioning adding support for MCP23017.
I am interested too, I bought already a pcb with the MCP23017 about half a year ago, hoping it would be supported, I can do some testing to get it working.

drm2215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Diurnal cycle with my Kessil A160WE, and my blue channel will not turn on with less than a setting of 10. I have the minimum set to 10 to try to work around this, but now during the cycle ramp up the blue channel flashes until it gets to 15. I can manually change the minimum level for that channel to 15 but then the light does not turn all the way off a the end of the cycle. Any suggestions?

thanks

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Have not posted for a long time, but following the great progress, upgraded to reef-pi 4 with no troubles and working great. Many thanks to @Ranjib and all the others for their effort and endless support.

For my new project I’m planning to add a battery backup for my tank and auto frozen food feeding system

I came with the following design, I need advice and suggestion from those with more knowledge before I start ordering parts.

I plan to run 2 reef-pi the main one and a second one for data collection and frozen food feeder control, I’m also thinking to keep both PIs powered by the battery for assurance for continuous work and not to keep my battery without use for a long time as we don’t experience frequent or long power outage (the main reason I wanted to start this is to prepare for vacation where I have to leave the tank for 3-4-weeks).

I figure that the pi will not use much power and is the battery is easily maintained by the charger.

For circulation I will connect my backup return pump and one wave maker (both run on 24V)

I will also keep the fridge for frozen food feeding connected to the backup system to preserve the food in case of power outage, It is current rated for 0.05 A and 65W so I think.

The attached diagram shows the way I figured to setup my battery backup

All ideas and suggestions are welcomed and sorry for the long post

Regards

backup battery.jpg

sfgabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,

Thank you for adding the MQTT support . I am having issues when I enable and configure it. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I have same results across 3 separate Reef-Pi's

The Mosquito server is working fine, I have about 60 devices talking over MQTT, just can't get the Reef-Pi to communicate.

Any ideas....

Thanks Mark

MQTT issue.JPG
I've also run into this a few times, at random I think. What worked for me is a reboot / wait a bit / reload in config panel. It seems to retry on it's own if it doesn't connect right away, I wonder if it's overloading the MQTT server or something?

zab34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably a stupid question. I was setting up my Reef-pi a few months ago but it has since taken a backseat. I am attempting to get it going again.

I have two float switches set up. How should the programming on the dashboard look for these? I guess Ideally I would use on to control the on/off and one as an emergency shut off?

Any ideas?

magikfly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I had a reef-pi set up and running like a dream for a few weeks. Today I finally got around to building an enclosure and since then reef-pi has been generating incorrect pH values. Polling the probe straight from I2C shows 8.1 (correct) but reef-pi seems to insist its 7.7! Disabling and going to the calibration screen in reef-pi also shows the correct values in the "current readings" field. Anyone know what's wrong here?

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I had a reef-pi set up and running like a dream for a few weeks. Today I finally got around to building an enclosure and since then reef-pi has been generating incorrect pH values. Polling the probe straight from I2C shows 8.1 (correct) but reef-pi seems to insist its 7.7! Disabling and going to the calibration screen in reef-pi also shows the correct values in the "current readings" field. Anyone know what's wrong here?
Hi
That is strange, I have the same problem since yesterday but with a different story.
My ph was reading 8 and doing ok, but since it is over 10 months since last calibration I decided to calibrate
The process went smooth and reading after calibration from the calibration fluids were 7.02 and 9.98
When I fixed the prob in the tank same place as before I got reading of 7.6, I decided to wait and as I still got the same readings today I did testing with 2 different test kits and and reading were 8
The prob is reading the test solutions (new pack) accurately but when I return it to the tank I still got the reading 7.7 even if I change the position
I hope other may be able to help

magikfly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
That is strange, I have the same problem since yesterday but with a different story.
My ph was reading 8 and doing ok, but since it is over 10 months since last calibration I decided to calibrate
The process went smooth and reading after calibration from the calibration fluids were 7.02 and 9.98
When I fixed the prob in the tank same place as before I got reading of 7.6, I decided to wait and as I still got the same readings today I did testing with 2 different test kits and and reading were 8
The prob is reading the test solutions (new pack) accurately but when I return it to the tank I still got the reading 7.7 even if I change the position
I hope other may be able to help
Did you verify those are the values the probe is generating? In my case I think reef-pi is messing with the generated values. At least, the ones that get logged to the dashboard and the prometheus metrics feed

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back