reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Dave's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000003361.jpg
1000003362.jpg
1000003363.jpg
1000003364.jpg
1000003366.jpg
1000003368.jpg

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Probably in the year 2287 :p :p :p
finding time todo these volunteer projects can sometimes be difficult. Especially if its the beginning of school and one has a family. Cut the people that sacrifice their time for free some slack please!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the question
Don't be. Its ok. I m lagging due to some personal hurdles , I'll be occupied sorting things out this year, but I don't believe the project will be impacted in long term. I am more focused on keeping the tanks going (thanks to the reef-pi controllers) during the crunch time. I'll keep you all informed, but expect that to be monthly or quarterly process and not daily or weekly. That said, I believe things will be back to previous times sooner . And my time availability is trending in positive direction :)

thank you for tagging along, reef-pi is bit busy offroading

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I am using robo tanks reef pi controller. Works flawlessly with one exception. Every 6 weeks or so I am not able to connect to reef pi. I just get a loading page and have to unplug the controller and restart. I don’t believe this is to do with the controller as I had a simmilar issue with my own reef pi controller. Does this happen to others? Not an issue as it happened at the end of my holiday but could have happened earlier!

Attachments

• IMG_2001.png
    IMG_2001.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 33

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I am using robo tanks reef pi controller. Works flawlessly with one exception. Every 6 weeks or so I am not able to connect to reef pi. I just get a loading page and have to unplug the controller and restart. I don’t believe this is to do with the controller as I had a simmilar issue with my own reef pi controller. Does this happen to others? Not an issue as it happened at the end of my holiday but could have happened earlier!
I had that happen once... not sure what happened..did what you did as well.

iamdan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that happen once... not sure what happened..did what you did as well.
Can be a multitude of things like wether or not you are running raspbian buster or bullseye and the latest updates, can be your wifi/modem/router regardless wether reef-pi connected to it via cable or wifi as let’s face it home grade modems are ****e lol

eggi55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all reefers
I have a general question about esp32 in connection with the mini pc. The esp32 constantly interrupts the WiFi connection and no, they are not far apart. max 2m.
I would like to use the miniPc instead of the Raspi.
Best regards

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can be a multitude of things like wether or not you are running raspbian buster or bullseye and the latest updates, can be your wifi/modem/router regardless wether reef-pi connected to it via cable or wifi as let’s face it home grade modems are ****e lol
I use a UniFi Dream router whichs supports a dedicated 2.4 ghz. wifi (not that the reef-pi needs it to be clear I just run it on my IOT channel)... I chalk it up just like any other computer... and me for that matter... just needs to be rebooted once in a while :)

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all reefers
I have a general question about esp32 in connection with the mini pc. The esp32 constantly interrupts the WiFi connection and no, they are not far apart. max 2m.
I would like to use the miniPc instead of the Raspi.
Best regards
Sounds like the ESP crashes and reboots regularly, that's aknown problem currently. There has been an update on the PathVariableHandlers Library that has been used, if I recall my Emails correctly. Might try that and see if it helps.

eggi55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the ESP crashes and reboots regularly, that's aknown problem currently. There has been an update on the PathVariableHandlers Library that has been used, if I recall my Emails correctly. Might try that and see if it helps.
It would be nice if you could help me, otherwise I can bury this with the mini PC.
It's no use to me if the wifi of the esp32 (which is no longer built on) keeps crashing. I also don't understand why you don't use the 266, it's at least stable when it comes to wifi, ic2 works because of the pwm module.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if you could help me, otherwise I can bury this with the mini PC.
It's no use to me if the wifi of the esp32 (which is no longer built on) keeps crashing. I also don't understand why you don't use the 266, it's at least stable when it comes to wifi, ic2 works because of the pwm module.
It’s not that the WiFi is unstable itself, it’s more that the code regularly causes memory leaks that we haven’t been able to fix yet.

Every time that happens, the ESP has to reboot, resetting the WiFi connection.

It’s fixable, we just haven’t found the solution yet. There is hope though.

eggi55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I would like to set up the srt31d in reef-pi.
Is this described somewhere?
and which one exactly is used? There are several.
I would be very happy about some help.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I would like to set up the srt31d in reef-pi.
Is this described somewhere?
and which one exactly is used? There are several.
I would be very happy about some help.
Sry, did you mean the SHT 31 D ?
I think there is little difference between the different vendors, the chip should be the same.

Not sure if there is already a driver in Reef-Pi, but I should be able to adapt my SCD-30 interface in little time if necessary.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back