Reef Raft (RR) Jaw Dropper Acro

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said mini colony. I said frag. And also never said before anyone else. When I have this piece in 2 years after its arrival in the U.S for 100 bucks i will respond on this thread again :)

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said mini colony. I said frag. And also never said before anyone else. When I have this piece in 2 years after its arrival in the U.S for 100 bucks i will respond on this thread again :)

You specifically said you will have a mini colony bigger then everybody else's mini colony who buys frags now in two years for half the price. It's been deleted now by the mods.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys this is day two
qaga5umy.jpg

Sorry cellphone pictures with full zoom sucks.

Is that supposed to be the JD? The corallites are more pointed and not flattened out like the original JD pics.

Sparkpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So small and just came out from shipping...just like a new born baby...hard to tell

Sparkpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of suppliers in taiwan who ordered it overseas. I don't know if it's hk or us or canada.

I do know that twelve people bought it and he went through some hoops to get them. Took about three months.

Azox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could very well be the RR jaw dropper... I was at RR a while ago, and Jay showed me a shipment he was preparing for Taiwan.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It could very well be the RR jaw dropper... I was at RR a while ago, and Jay showed me a shipment he was preparing for Taiwan.

Unless it goes to Reef Raft and then he buys it, no. No it's not. It's just a wild acro that is similar. We can't add names to stuff just because they are similar.

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it goes to Reef Raft and then he buys it, no. No it's not. It's just a wild acro that is similar. We can't add names to stuff just because they are similar.
agreed! But still wondering why nobody in the u.s has this acro what's the deal. Us there a way to get it from RR Canada?

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let me get this straight? If it looks exactly like it,has the same coralites and same coloration its not as nice? So unless it comes from RR,JF,BC then it can gain its price tag and stature? Sounds like a bit of marketing genius more then a sweet coral

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since other people are doing it it makes it acceptable? I'm pretty sure there we all learned that wasn't the case in grade school.

No one was disrespecting RR Canada. They just the price was crazy. If it's really $850 for 1/2 inch you have to admit it is pricey and others may think outrageous. Either way it's a very pretty specimen.
exactly. this thread is for a "signature" RR piece so i was making a statement in regards to this "signature" acro..to reef hero…i think its absurd what a lot of these corals go for, ESPECIALLY knowing what most of them pay for them in the first place, markup on some of these corals is getting to be like 1000%+

Azox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Canada was charging a ton of money, but nothing near $850 for 1/2" - not even half that, if i remember correctly. The crazy pricing happens when you cross the border!

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jawdropper acro

I just started a lineage thread with this exact situation in mind.

I think it's absurd that you can't call it the jawdropper Acro if it looks the same. You might not be able to call it the RR Jawdropper Acro. Of course this may affect the selling price but since they didn't buy it from RR it probably wasn't as expensive, or maybe it was.

There is even a possibility that it came from the same colony if it was split up. Especially if you knew they sent frags to the area you bought it at.

Anyways, I'd like to see a hobbyist's picture with this Acro in their tank

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a lineage thread with this exact situation in mind.

I think it's absurd that you can't call it the jawdropper Acro if it looks the same. You might not be able to call it the RR Jawdropper Acro. Of course this may affect the selling price but since they didn't buy it from RR it probably wasn't as expensive, or maybe it was.

There is even a possibility that it came from the same colony if it was split up. Especially if you knew they sent frags to the area you bought it at.

Anyways, I'd like to see a hobbyist's picture with this Acro in their tank
if there was a like button i'd like this lol...i feel like people forget that all this stuff comes from the same place at one point in time...the ocean, so for one person to lay claim to a piece IMO is silly. i get names because it helps people identify specific morphs and yada yada but the name game that warrants insane prices is just foolishment

Attachments

• del.jpg
    del.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 473

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if there was a like button i'd like this lol...i feel like people forget that all this stuff comes from the same place at one point in time...the ocean, so for one person to lay claim to a piece IMO is silly. i get names because it helps people identify specific morphs and yada yada but the name game that warrants insane prices is just foolishment

Same thing can be said about diamonds, emeralds, gold, and silver...stupid prices...they're just rocks...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 149 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back