ReefBot Lab: The Newest All-In-One Automated Water Tester from Reef Kinetics!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a message from DHL that yesterday the package delivered for customs clearance in Greece, so I believe the following days I will receive it, if all goes well!
Great to hear that! We are always here to assist with any delays, waiting forward for your feedback :)

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello reefing enthusiasts,

Exciting news! We've been hard at work enhancing your ReefBot Lab experience. We're thrilled to share that we've slashed the test duration for all ReefBot Lab tests, making your reef maintenance faster and more efficient.

But that's not all! We've also expanded our compatible test kits lineup. Now, you can enjoy the convenience of over 115 test kits, including the latest additions of Iron and Potassium tests. Here's what your ReefBot Lab can now test for: Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphate, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, pH (High, Low, and Wide Range), Iodine, Copper, Potassium, Iron, General Hardness, Chlorine, Bromine, Silicon Dioxide (Silicate), and Carbon Dioxide.

We're proud to be compatible with renowned brands such as Salifert, Redsea, API, Nyos, Aquaforest, Giesemann, Colombo, Tropic and Fauna Marin, JBL, Elos, Sera, NTLABS, Monitor, and many more.

And to our valued reef2reef community members, your response to our coupon offer has been phenomenal. As a token of appreciation, we've decided to extend the coupon's validity until September 15th. It's our way of spreading the reefing joy and welcoming new enthusiasts to the growing ReefBot Family.

Stay reefing strong and keep the passion alive!

Best regards,
Reef Kinetics Logo-1 (1).png
Introducing the ReefBot Lab - Your Ultimate Tank Parameter Stabilizer!

We are thrilled to announce that the ReefBot Lab is now in stock and ready to be shipped out! Designed to create a healthier ecosystem for your precious corals and fish, this advanced device will revolutionize the way you monitor your tank's parameters.

With its 12 vials slots, the ReefBot Lab can swiftly and efficiently test all the essential parameters of your tank, surpassing its predecessor in speed, accuracy, and maintenance.

DSC_2620-Edit.jpg

Upgraded Features:

1. Enhanced Needle Reach: The needle of the ReefBot Lab is now capable of reaching most reagents in the vials, allowing you to perform more tests before needing to refill.

2. Design Upgrade: Major changes have been made to give the ReefBot Lab a smoother and more refined look compared to the older model ReefBot.

3. Convenient Reset Button: We have added a reset button to the ReefBot Lab, providing you with additional control and ease of use.

4. Device communication - 0/10V communication protocol for 3rd party devices.

5. Upgraded Actuator: Our new mechanical design enables the ReefBot Lab to test your tank's parameters and deliver results even faster than its predecessor. The actuator has been enhanced for enhanced durability and reliability.

6. Dosing Syringe: Say goodbye to calibrations! The new dosing syringe allows more precision in collecting sample water without the need to calibrate the pumps regularly.

7. Unmatched Precision: The ReefBot Lab offers higher resolution titration tests with an impressive precision of 0.001 milliliter (1μl), ensuring utmost accuracy in your parameter measurements.

8. Whisper-Quiet Operation: We understand the importance of maintaining a peaceful environment for your tank, which is why the ReefBot Lab operates even more quietly, ensuring minimal disruption.

9. Compatibility: The ReefBot Lab offers compatibility with even more parameters and test kits compared to the older versions. With over 100 compatible test kits from the most popular and accessible brands and the capability to test more advanced parameters like Silicate and Iron.

10. Safety and water proof: Experience enhanced safety and peace of mind with the ReefBot Lab, as it features built-in mechanism monitoring and instant notifications for hardware issues, while its waterproof design ensures protection for sensitive components.

11. Ethernet Port: Overcome distance limitations with the ReefBot Lab's Ethernet port, providing a reliable connection option when your WiFi signal is distant or unstable.

12. Effortless Maintenance Alerts: Stay informed effortlessly with the ReefBot Lab's mobile app, which detects and notifies you when it's time to refill the vials, RO container, or empty the waste container, ensuring smooth operation without interruptions.

13. Automatic Updates: We are currently adding new features and adjustments and compatible tests, no need to worry about doing anything as the device automatically updates its settings.
DSC_2692.jpg

ReefBot Lab Features:

- Monitor Multiple Parameters: The ReefBot Lab employs a reagent-based method to autonomously measure various parameters in both freshwater and saltwater tanks. It currently measures Alkalinity (Alk), Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Nitrate (NO3), Phosphate (PO4), Nitrite (NO2), Ammonia (NH3), Copper (CU), Iodine (I2), General Hardness (GH), pH, Iron (Fe), Silicon Dioxide (SiO2), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), with more parameters regularly added.

- Compatible with Leading Test Kits: The ReefBot Lab is designed to work seamlessly with reagent test kits from renowned brands such as Salifert, Elos, RedSea, Giesemann, Tropic Marin, Fauna Marin, API, JBL, NTLABS, Sera, NYOS, Aquaforest, Monitor, and Colombo. Switching between kits is as simple as selecting the brand and parameter on our intuitive mobile and web application.

- Controlled via Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App: With the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App, you can effortlessly control the ReefBot Lab from anywhere in the world. The user-friendly interface allows you to schedule and run tests, view all results, and receive timely alerts when new test results are available.

- Easy Setup for Any Tank: Installing the ReefBot Lab is a breeze. Simply immerse the inlet tube in your tank, connect the RODI tube and waste containers, and connect the device to the internet through any Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.

DSC_2696.jpg

To celebrate it together, we are offering an exclusive 20% discount to customers who use the promo code "reef2reefrkl" during the purchase.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to elevate your aquarium experience!

Browser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Great to hear that! We are always here to assist with any delays, waiting forward for your feedback :)
DHL Greece called me today asking information about the package. They needed to know what is it. I answered that it is a measurment instrument.
I was wondering why they ask that. There is no description in the documents accompanying the product?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
DHL Greece called me today asking information about the package. They needed to know what is it. I answered that it is a measurment instrument.
I was wondering why they ask that. There is no description in the documents accompanying the product?
There is description alongside with the commodity code indeed. We will contact them as well and check the overall status and how we can speed things up :)

reveriesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Mine is using over 500ml of tank water running just 2 api tests. Have been trying to get an answer from them last few days….
Did you ever get a response because I didn’t see that they responded on this thread? Is there something wrong with your ReefBot or is that normally the amount of tank water it utilizes???

Im incredibly interested in this product but struggling with the notion that there is the cloud requirement and not local app control. Always worry about small business longevity. That being said I may bite the bullet if I see enough genuine, positive feedback

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Did you ever get a response because I didn’t see that they responded on this thread? Is there something wrong with your ReefBot or is that normally the amount of tank water it utilizes???

Im incredibly interested in this product but struggling with the notion that there is the cloud requirement and not local app control. Always worry about small business longevity. That being said I may bite the bullet if I see enough genuine, positive feedback
Hello,

I wanted to clarify that the device utilizes 60-80 ml of sample water per test. This amount is employed to prime the tubes, ensuring that only freshwater is tested. Additionally, it rinses the chamber to eliminate any chemical sediments.

Regarding the cloud-based app, its purpose is to offer continuous updates and modifications to tests. It enables reporting of tests via email and provides a platform for our support team to view results. This functionality is crucial for effectively addressing customers' concerns and inquiries.

If you have any further questions or need more information, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, i have a couple questions

When is it expected aus units will be back in stock?

If the unit is using such large amounts of tank water, wouldnt it be prudent to add a system to the tank to top it back up with salt water so we can avoid salinity issues? 80ml a day, x7 days a week is 560ml a week of salt water being replaced with ro, that adds up fast

Thanks, Cody

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, i have a couple questions

When is it expected aus units will be back in stock?

If the unit is using such large amounts of tank water, wouldnt it be prudent to add a system to the tank to top it back up with salt water so we can avoid salinity issues? 80ml a day, x7 days a week is 560ml a week of salt water being replaced with ro, that adds up fast

Thanks, Cody
Hello Cody,

We currently have devices in stock, and we are also in the process of producing a new batch that should be ready by mid to late September.

Regarding the suggestion of implementing a feature or device that tops tank water, I appreciate your input. Our research and development team is actively studying the feasibility and practicality of such a feature along with a doser. While I can't provide a definite timeline at the moment, I assure you that we are exploring the possibility and will keep the community updated with these news.

Thank you for your continued interest in our products. Should you have any further questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

We offer express shipping through DHL. The device is priced at approximately 1,030 pounds in UK currency.

Feel free to contact us in case you have any inquiries or other questions.

Have a great day!
Best regards,

Browser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just and update.

Still did not receive the Reef bot Lab. Stuck in customs clearance.

Today DHL asked me to email them the order confirmation or receipt of buying.......

Think I told you before. Customs in EU is a PITA...
There is description alongside with the commodity code indeed. We will contact them as well and check the overall status and how we can speed things up :)

Ljshelby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Question? Will this unit be able to adapt to an auto doser to keep levels stable? Currently using trident and would love to upgrade.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Just and update.

Still did not receive the Reef bot Lab. Stuck in customs clearance.

Today DHL asked me to email them the order confirmation or receipt of buying.......

Think I told you before. Customs in EU is a PITA...
We apologize for the delay you've experienced with your shipment. This is not a common occurrence as we ship to Europe daily, and devices are usually received within 2 days in countries like Germany and France. We will promptly contact DHL to investigate and expedite your shipment. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we're working to ensure you receive your device as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Question? Will this unit be able to adapt to an auto doser to keep levels stable? Currently using trident and would love to upgrade.
Hello,

While there have been successful attempts to integrate a doser in the past and the devices are already equipped with the necessary connections, we cannot provide a specific timeline for when this feature will be available. The implementation of third-party dosers requires collaboration and coordination between our brand and others, which can be a complex process. However, we are working on introducing our own doser solution, which could simplify the integration process.

Rest assured that our devices are designed with the appropriate connections to support doser integration in the future. Once this feature becomes available, it will be accessible to all existing users as well.

Best regards,

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Deven Rich Reviews His ReefBot Lab After a Year of Regular Use!

Hey Reefers,

Exciting news! Deven Rich from ReefDudes was among the earliest ReefBot Lab owners. He recently shared his comprehensive review after a whole year of regular usage.

[Watch the Video Here!]

In this insightful review, Deven highlights the device's performance, ease of use, and how it transformed his aquarium maintenance routine.

DSC_2696.jpg

Don't miss out on this firsthand account of ReefBot Lab's impact!

Happy Reefing!

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about this machine for some time… I’m really hoping it works as advertised.
I have one, but I'm not ready to do a full review yet as my tank is just cycled. So I haven't ran the lab on a schedule yet to give it a full honest review. If you are in the market for one and thinking about it, just do your due diligence and research it. You can read the other post here, they have a FB group and there are random other bits of info out there.

I will say, it isn't exactly unbox, setup, schedule test and forget about it. The instructions are very limited. The app needs some work as it can be a little confusing. Also, parts of it are unexplained and confusing. So far most of my test I have ran have been fairly accurate and consistent VS manual test, with the exception of one (PO4) . Which I believe I corrected by manually shaking the bottle. Feel free to make a thread and ask any questions you have. A few of us here have them or have used them. I'll do my best to answer any questions you ask, and I'll be honest and candid. I'm not trying to promote the Lab, but not also trying to discredit it. So I'll pass on my knowledge and/or opinions on whatever you would like to know. I should be able to do an initial review in about a month or so. It definetly won't be sugar coated or raving how awesome or how horrible it is. I'll give the good and the bad so other can make up their minds if it meets their expectations. It will also be constructive critisim for RK to analyze to see if anything I critique is merited as something to tweak/fix/redesign/implement.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I have one, but I'm not ready to do a full review yet as my tank is just cycled. So I haven't ran the lab on a schedule yet to give it a full honest review. If you are in the market for one and thinking about it, just do your due diligence and research it. You can read the other post here, they have a FB group and there are random other bits of info out there.

I will say, it isn't exactly unbox, setup, schedule test and forget about it. The instructions are very limited. The app needs some work as it can be a little confusing. Also, parts of it are unexplained and confusing. So far most of my test I have ran have been fairly accurate and consistent VS manual test, with the exception of one (PO4) . Which I believe I corrected by manually shaking the bottle. Feel free to make a thread and ask any questions you have. A few of us here have them or have used them. I'll do my best to answer any questions you ask, and I'll be honest and candid. I'm not trying to promote the Lab, but not also trying to discredit it. So I'll pass on my knowledge and/or opinions on whatever you would like to know. I should be able to do an initial review in about a month or so. It definetly won't be sugar coated or raving how awesome or how horrible it is. I'll give the good and the bad so other can make up their minds if it meets their expectations. It will also be constructive critisim for RK to analyze to see if anything I critique is merited as something to tweak/fix/redesign/implement.
Thank you for your feedback, Frank. Please know that the Reef Kinetics team is dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction. Our entire team, from R&D to QC and support agents, works tirelessly to provide users with the best possible experience. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Greg Brugger

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using the Reefbot Lab successfully with little to no issues for a couple of months now. It replaced a Neptune Systems Trident that was always throwing a No Sample Error (this will be for sale eventually on eBay btw if you’re interested in it lol). With the Reefbot Lab device, I am able to setup my schedule I want to test. I Test KH, CAL, and MAG 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). I also test Nitrate, Amonia, and Phosphate once a week (these tests run on Weekends). The only issues I have had with it are an occasional bent needle. This only happened once, but I also left a bit of original packaging from shipping in the unit that may have contributed to this. Other issues I experienced were failed/no color test results but this was due to me not putting the magnetic stirrers in the vials. Essentially, all other issues was due to the human error factor in setting up the machine.

So far, I do recommend this product. It has been reliable, support has been Amazing - even with the time zone difference, and the ability test multiple parameters is icing on the cake. Best part of all is I control the schedule and I am not locked into any particular companies test kit!

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using the Reefbot Lab successfully with little to no issues for a couple of months now. It replaced a Neptune Systems Trident that was always throwing a No Sample Error (this will be for sale eventually on eBay btw if you’re interested in it lol). With the Reefbot Lab device, I am able to setup my schedule I want to test. I Test KH, CAL, and MAG 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). I also test Nitrate, Amonia, and Phosphate once a week (these tests run on Weekends). The only issues I have had with it are an occasional bent needle. This only happened once, but I also left a bit of original packaging from shipping in the unit that may have contributed to this. Other issues I experienced were failed/no color test results but this was due to me not putting the magnetic stirrers in the vials. Essentially, all other issues was due to the human error factor in setting up the machine.

So far, I do recommend this product. It has been reliable, support has been Amazing - even with the time zone difference, and the ability test multiple parameters is icing on the cake. Best part of all is I control the schedule and I am not locked into any particular companies test kit!
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It's testimonials like yours that inspire us and make us proud to have users like you. Have a fantastic day!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back