ReefBot Lab: The Newest All-In-One Automated Water Tester from Reef Kinetics!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
FWIW -

I have provided what amounts to pages of feedback on improvements and shortcomings that I identified during my time using the ReefBit. Some here, some on on FB and piles of them private to Hady.

I don't wish to rehash them all, but one of the biggest sore spots for me is changelog and software update policies.

First and foremost, it is absolutely essential and imperative that RK immediately implement a change log where every... I MEAN EVERY code change short of spelling corrections is PUBLICLY LOGGED and the VERSION NUMBER INCREMENTED.

This means reagent tweaks, calibration tweaks, bug fixes... EVERYTHING. I don't care if it is 17 times a day.

As it stands, RK constantly tweaks things with the app code and possibly device firmware, both at a global level and to my understanding per individual users devices or app profiles.

Not being 100% transparent and upfront about changes (any changes) or fixes puts the user at both a disadvantage with regard to not having the option of accepting or declining changes, especially if they are happy with their current performance and features. Secondly, it prevents the end user from identifying breaking changes or tweaks and bug fixes that may negatively (or positevly) affect them. Example - you go from acceptable readings for a week and then suddenly things go wonky. Is your tank going wonky, are the reagents going bad, or did RK push a tweak that affected your readings.?

Moreover, RK needs to be 100% transparent with EACH and every user to which they have made individual profile or settings tweaks. Same reasons as above.

This is software development 101 for a device of this complexity and deployment architecture. Until RK implements such a system, I wouldn't trust the software and stability further than I could throw the ReefBot.

Lastly - there really needs to be a "calibration" feature that allows the end user to SCALE results. That way if, for example KH is reading consistent, but 1.5 dKH LOW for a batch of reagent, then one could simply tell the ReefBot to scale the results by an additional 1.5 dKH.

Have a nice evening.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm all for all the new post in the forums for those who are not having issues. I just hope they don't post and run. I hope they stay and interact with the others. If they have any ideas or things they would like to highlight for RK to potentially add or tweak, there is a post I started consolidating them in an effort to help promote and evolve the machines and the company so that they can provide the best product on the market. Sadly, I'm the only one thus far lol
It is indeed a thing we would be glad for. Although most of our users contact us directly when they have suggestions; it might always be a good idea if the suggestions are shared with other users to check for their feedback and input. Thank you for starting a thread about that.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
FWIW -

I have provided what amounts to pages of feedback on improvements and shortcomings that I identified during my time using the ReefBit. Some here, some on on FB and piles of them private to Hady.
Thank you for sharing your suggestions and feedback. Rest assured that we have taken note of them and forwarded them to the appropriate departments. We are dedicated to continually improving to provide you with the best possible experience.

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
I have one, but I'm not ready to do a full review yet as my tank is just cycled. So I haven't ran the lab on a schedule yet to give it a full honest review. If you are in the market for one and thinking about it, just do your due diligence and research it. You can read the other post here, they have a FB group and there are random other bits of info out there.

I will say, it isn't exactly unbox, setup, schedule test and forget about it. The instructions are very limited. The app needs some work as it can be a little confusing. Also, parts of it are unexplained and confusing. So far most of my test I have ran have been fairly accurate and consistent VS manual test, with the exception of one (PO4) . Which I believe I corrected by manually shaking the bottle. Feel free to make a thread and ask any questions you have. A few of us here have them or have used them. I'll do my best to answer any questions you ask, and I'll be honest and candid. I'm not trying to promote the Lab, but not also trying to discredit it. So I'll pass on my knowledge and/or opinions on whatever you would like to know. I should be able to do an initial review in about a month or so. It definetly won't be sugar coated or raving how awesome or how horrible it is. I'll give the good and the bad so other can make up their minds if it meets their expectations. It will also be constructive critisim for RK to analyze to see if anything I critique is merited as something to tweak/fix/redesign/implement.

I wanted to update something, small, but wanted to remove any doubt over my PO4 testing issue. Turns out that my issues were self induced. I either set them up wrong in the app, or installed the two 60ml containers backwards. When I was refilling all the reagents I caught it, fixed, retested and the results were much better. Couldn't understand why they were so high. Money wasted on PO4 removers :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I wanted to update something, small, but wanted to remove any doubt over my PO4 testing issue. Turns out that my issues were self induced. I either set them up wrong in the app, or installed the two 60ml containers backwards. When I was refilling all the reagents I caught it, fixed, retested and the results were much better. Couldn't understand why they were so high. Money wasted on PO4 removers :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Glad to hear that! Thank you very much for sharing this!

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I will be updating semi-weekly then. FYI I run the device on schedule, I don't run a test every day. I am now using it as a KH monitor to test twice per day, and I have NO3, PO4, CA and MG to run weekly, or sometimes daily. I am now running ABC reagents that RK added recently to save space for other tests and so far so good, hopefully they'll be up to my expectations with more tests

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I will be updating semi-weekly then. FYI I run the device on schedule, I don't run a test every day. I am now using it as a KH monitor to test twice per day, and I have NO3, PO4, CA and MG to run weekly, or sometimes daily. I am now running ABC reagents that RK added recently to save space for other tests and so far so good, hopefully they'll be up to my expectations with more tests
We're glad to hear that. It has been suggested by many users and we have had it in QC for a while. Kindly keep us updated on their status in your device

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We're glad to hear that! Thank you Jonathan for sharing!
I have been running two of the units since September and could not be more pleased super reliable piece of kit and the results are repeatable and accurate. The sampling and reagent doseing with syringes results in amazing acuracy as well. I highly recommend.
I just purchased one today. Excited to hear you are fired up on it.....Would you recommend salifert to use with it, or perhaps another brand? TY

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just purchased one today. Excited to hear you are fired up on it.....Would you recommend salifert to use with it, or perhaps another brand? TY
Salifert is a good choice for alkalinity, but Salifert Calcium & Magnesium are not available. I would recommend API calcium and redsea for magnesium and phosphate. As for nitrate, consider Fauna Marin or Tropic Marin if you want to use them with the reefbot

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
but Salifert Calcium & Magnesium are not available.
We want to emphasize that Salifert Magnesium is available upon request for those who have the liquid-based reagents version of the test. It is not offered on the mobile app to avoid confusion with the powder reagents version of the test, which could result in them going to waste when users discover the mixup.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Banner Cyber Monday Discount (2).gif

Year-End Offers and Bundles: Grab Exclusive Discounts on ReefBot Lab and Consumables!

As we approach the end of the year, we're excited to announce our incredible offers and bundles tailored exclusively for you! Get ready to dive into fantastic savings and elevate your aquarium experience like never before!

20% DISCOUNT on ReefBot Lab Device
Don't miss the chance to enjoy a remarkable 20% OFF on the innovative ReefBot Lab device. Revolutionize your aquarium maintenance with precision testing and automation.
DSC_2696.jpg

SPECIAL 40% CART DISCOUNT
Experience exceptional savings with our special 40% cart discount! Purchase the ReefBot Lab along with 1-year worth of consumables, maintenance parts, and accessories, and enjoy an exclusive 40% in savings!

UP TO 65% OFF on Consumables
Stock up and save! Avail yourself of various discounts of up to 65% on consumables. From needles to replacement parts, grab the essentials at irresistible prices.

Hurry, these offers are available for a limited time only! Visit [Reef Kinetics Shop] to explore our products and claim your discounts today!

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on exclusive and latest offers, tips, and news in the world of aquarium care here: [Reef Kinetics Newsletter]

Your underwater world deserves the best care! Make the most of our exclusive offers and dive into savings before the year ends!

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
my buddy is trying to purchase but the reef2reef coupon is not working, how can we activate it?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
The promo code "reef2reef" is operational, but the discount has been adjusted due to the ongoing sale. It's currently set at a $50 discount instead of the initial $100.
my buddy is trying to purchase but the reef2reef coupon is not working, how can we activate it?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
You asked, and we listened! Now you can purchase your ReefBot Lab with PayPal! This new payment option provides added convenience and security while making your ReefBot Lab purchase. Select PayPal at checkout and enjoy a hassle-free payment experience.

Start-of-the-Year Promo: Free Shipping to USA and Europe + Reduced Shipping Worldwide!

To kick off the new year in style, we're rolling out an incredible start-of-the-year promotion for our beloved ReefBot Lab! For a limited time, we're offering:

Free Shipping to USA and Europe
Reduced Shipping Worldwide
Bonus: With each ReefBot Lab order, you'll receive 8 custom-made 60ml vials absolutely free! That's extra value for your testing needs!

this JANUARY get FREE SHIPPING.gif

How to Get Your Hands on the ReefBot Lab:

Visit our website to explore the ReefBot Lab and place your order using PayPal. Take advantage of the start-of-the-year promo and grab your ReefBot Lab while the offer lasts!

Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to simplify your aquarium maintenance with the ReefBot Lab!

Swim into the new year with seamless water testing! ✨

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have stock of these in the USA? Or does it take 7-10 weeks to get one?

Salifert is a good choice for alkalinity, but Salifert Calcium & Magnesium are not available. I would recommend API calcium and redsea for magnesium and phosphate. As for nitrate, consider Fauna Marin or Tropic Marin if you want to use them with the reefbot
Awesome. Thank you. I just got my bot the other day. I'm reading the manual. It looks a bit intimidating. Time to start ordering some rest kits.

TABrendle

View Badges
Reaction score
Reef Kinetics Logo-1 (1).png
Introducing the ReefBot Lab - Your Ultimate Tank Parameter Stabilizer!

We are thrilled to announce that the ReefBot Lab is now in stock and ready to be shipped out! Designed to create a healthier ecosystem for your precious corals and fish, this advanced device will revolutionize the way you monitor your tank's parameters.

With its 12 vials slots, the ReefBot Lab can swiftly and efficiently test all the essential parameters of your tank, surpassing its predecessor in speed, accuracy, and maintenance.

DSC_2620-Edit.jpg

Upgraded Features:

1. Enhanced Needle Reach: The needle of the ReefBot Lab is now capable of reaching most reagents in the vials, allowing you to perform more tests before needing to refill.

2. Design Upgrade: Major changes have been made to give the ReefBot Lab a smoother and more refined look compared to the older model ReefBot.

3. Convenient Reset Button: We have added a reset button to the ReefBot Lab, providing you with additional control and ease of use.

4. Device communication - 0/10V communication protocol for 3rd party devices.

5. Upgraded Actuator: Our new mechanical design enables the ReefBot Lab to test your tank's parameters and deliver results even faster than its predecessor. The actuator has been enhanced for enhanced durability and reliability.

6. Dosing Syringe: Say goodbye to calibrations! The new dosing syringe allows more precision in collecting sample water without the need to calibrate the pumps regularly.

7. Unmatched Precision: The ReefBot Lab offers higher resolution titration tests with an impressive precision of 0.001 milliliter (1μl), ensuring utmost accuracy in your parameter measurements.

8. Whisper-Quiet Operation: We understand the importance of maintaining a peaceful environment for your tank, which is why the ReefBot Lab operates even more quietly, ensuring minimal disruption.

9. Compatibility: The ReefBot Lab offers compatibility with even more parameters and test kits compared to the older versions. With over 100 compatible test kits from the most popular and accessible brands and the capability to test more advanced parameters like Silicate and Iron.

10. Safety and water proof: Experience enhanced safety and peace of mind with the ReefBot Lab, as it features built-in mechanism monitoring and instant notifications for hardware issues, while its waterproof design ensures protection for sensitive components.

11. Ethernet Port: Overcome distance limitations with the ReefBot Lab's Ethernet port, providing a reliable connection option when your WiFi signal is distant or unstable.

12. Effortless Maintenance Alerts: Stay informed effortlessly with the ReefBot Lab's mobile app, which detects and notifies you when it's time to refill the vials, RO container, or empty the waste container, ensuring smooth operation without interruptions.

13. Automatic Updates: We are currently adding new features and adjustments and compatible tests, no need to worry about doing anything as the device automatically updates its settings.
DSC_2692.jpg

ReefBot Lab Features:

- Monitor Multiple Parameters: The ReefBot Lab employs a reagent-based method to autonomously measure various parameters in both freshwater and saltwater tanks. It currently measures Alkalinity (Alk), Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Nitrate (NO3), Phosphate (PO4), Nitrite (NO2), Ammonia (NH3), Copper (CU), Iodine (I2), General Hardness (GH), pH, Iron (Fe), Silicon Dioxide (SiO2), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), with more parameters regularly added.

- Compatible with Leading Test Kits: The ReefBot Lab is designed to work seamlessly with reagent test kits from renowned brands such as Salifert, Elos, RedSea, Giesemann, Tropic Marin, Fauna Marin, API, JBL, NTLABS, Sera, NYOS, Aquaforest, Monitor, and Colombo. Switching between kits is as simple as selecting the brand and parameter on our intuitive mobile and web application.

- Controlled via Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App: With the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App, you can effortlessly control the ReefBot Lab from anywhere in the world. The user-friendly interface allows you to schedule and run tests, view all results, and receive timely alerts when new test results are available.

- Easy Setup for Any Tank: Installing the ReefBot Lab is a breeze. Simply immerse the inlet tube in your tank, connect the RODI tube and waste containers, and connect the device to the internet through any Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.

DSC_2696.jpg

To celebrate it together, we are offering an exclusive 20% discount to customers who use the promo code "reef2reefrkl" during the purchase.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to elevate your aquarium experience!

TABrendle

View Badges
Reaction score
I received my ReefBot Lab yesterday. However the app isn't the same format as advertised here or on the instruction booklet. I cannot select the appropriate reagents for the test I want to run on the current app I downloaded from Apple. It is very limited and does not include most of the tests/reagents manufactures you list. Is there an updated app. See attached pics. In you demo app, once you select the test a drop down opens to select the reagents...mine does NOT DO this

Attachments

• IMG_3472.PNG
    IMG_3472.PNG
    128.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3471.PNG
    IMG_3471.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3473.PNG
    IMG_3473.PNG
    116.9 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I received my ReefBot Lab yesterday. However the app isn't the same format as advertised here or on the instruction booklet. I cannot select the appropriate reagents for the test I want to run on the current app I downloaded from Apple. It is very limited and does not include most of the tests/reagents manufactures you list. Is there an updated app. See attached pics. In you demo app, once you select the test a drop down opens to select the reagents...mine does NOT DO this
Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, the "Solution" tab you are on is dedicated to the dosers' users. Please press the top left option button and go to "Device RK..." to manage and view the existing tests.

You can check this video for a full tutorial on the app:

Regards,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back